Notary Rotary
Blast you Susan Fischer...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Gary_CA on 6/3/08 1:01pm
Msg #249850

So I go to toss something in the trash the other day and it is pretty much full, maybe no technically full, but pretty full... so I just naturally scrunch it down.

And Susan came to mind.

But I was barefoot.

So I scrunched... and it sprang back up, this trash has already been scrunched.

And Susan came to mind, and I chuckled at myself.

Fortunately the bottom of my trash fit below the top of the rim of the can. Which, using my male powers of deduction, I ascertained meant that the trash was actually in the can and not overflowing.

Which of course means that the emptying of the trash on that occasion was not my problem.

After such an extensive mental exercise, I took a nap.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/3/08 1:10pm
Msg #249854

In light of Susan's post which weighs so heavily on your consciousness...

I noticed when my son and DIL were recently here that a mere 18 months of marriage has made the boy LEARN that there is trash in a can, that the trash must be emptied before it hits the top of the trash can...and that it must never be allowed to swell up and over its brim. He was ON IT with the trash the entire time...sometimes I even wanted to say "Wait...it's not quite full enough yet!" but I didn't. I was marveling at my DIL's handiwork.

Furthermore, he picked up trash he formerly left lying around until threatened with death or homelessness.

Now...for her next trick, I hope my DIL can tutor him in the fine art of finding the dirty clothing hamper, then maybe the dryer while it is buzzing?...turn off an unnecessary light? Take the dog out before the dog has to cross its legs and dance?

That is being way too greedy. I think I'll just be happy with the trash.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/3/08 2:11pm
Msg #249864

Naps, of course, are good things. They help us

prioritize the After-Nap's To Do List.

Did you notice, Gary, the 'daymare' scenario your happy nap played for you? That is, dear sir, the very *next* time you blithely remove the lid, believing after your mental gymnastics that there will be room for the imminent addition to The Pail, it will be, inexorably, full.

<big grin>

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 6/3/08 3:01pm
Msg #249868

This must be where my H's college degree comes in?

See, Gary - you have to scrunch, AND pull up the bag and lightly twist it - as if you're going to actually tie it and take it out any second .... and then leave it that way, or better yet - put it back under the sink that way, so that when your wife tosses in a used/full coffee filter W/O LOOKING FIRST, it will of course not stand a chance of going IN the wastebasket ...

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/3/08 4:42pm
Msg #249884

<quiet laughter, so's not to wake Gary from his nap> Yup,

Renee, right up there with ~actually~ taking the danged garbage bag out, BUT neglecting to *finish* the job by replacing it with a nice, fresh, empty, NEW one, so that the coffee grounds are at least contained in the pail...

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 6/4/08 9:07am
Msg #249943

Y'all need a dog. . .

. . .that will take top layers of trash behind the sofa to eat or play with, and that will keep loose trash on the floor tidied up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.