Notary Rotary
Century Document Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Linda_H/FL on 6/30/08 4:36pm
Msg #253686

Got a call today from them for a signing Thursday 9:00 AM, single refi with e-docs - $100 - told her my fee was $135 for that county and her response? "Sweetie, *I* don't even get that much"...

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/30/08 5:46pm
Msg #253691

Sad, huh? n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/30/08 7:47pm
Msg #253708

"Sweetie, *I* don't even get that much"... She obviously

knows what she is worth! Why should she get that much, you are doing all the work and she is just a leech! I don't understand how some people think.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/1/08 12:15am
Msg #253722

What "Sweetie, *I* don't even get that much" really means

is that is more than the total fee she gets for finding someone to do a signing.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 7/1/08 5:18pm
Msg #253815

I understand, but it appeared to me that she was outraged

that someone wanted more than she got to find someone. I'm saying that she should be getting a whole lot less to find someone to do the singing than the person doing the signing after all the burden of the work is the signing, finding someone in a directory and making the phone call shoujld be worth say $20 at most. For $20 I'll even make my own phone calls the singning services act like they are essential to the process when in fact if it wasn't for notaries too lazy to do their own marketing the signing services have no real reason for existence.

Reply by sue_pa on 7/1/08 7:41am
Msg #253742

A signing service (not Century) was frantically calling around my area Friday evening (almost 9 when she called my phone) looking for someone for Saturday. Seems she eventually found someone but her notary was a no show on Saturday. I did the order last night directly for the title company. Her fee on the HUD was $100. I can't imagine what she was offering the notary. By the way, she has a poor payment reputation on this board - let's guess one of the reasons why.

Reply by Carole Breckbill on 7/1/08 10:00am
Msg #253757

Re: Century Document Services - "No Show" Notaries

Guess you get what you pay for - another reason not to offer low ball fees! (BTW, I love these frantic call backs when they are willing to eventually meet your fee.)

Reply by JanetLA on 7/1/08 5:41pm
Msg #253823

Century Document Services is OK

I sometimes work for Century Document Services and Darla is fair and pays as agreed. It is not the highest paying company but she is fair and reasonable. Just my experience and I don't work for many signing services. She is OK in my book.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/1/08 9:42pm
Msg #253856

People who say "sweetie" (as if I am theirs) irk me.

It is rude, condescending and presumptuous.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/1/08 9:50pm
Msg #253857

Re: People who say "sweetie" (as if I am theirs) irk me.

Totally agree...it is so hard to kill them with kindness afterwards too instead of snapping "I am NOT your sweetie".

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/2/08 6:58am
Msg #253881

A notary from this board used to call me to offer "advice"

which was totally unsolicited. She always called me "sweetie" and it was highly offensive to me because she was constantly giving me her "expert" opinion on things.

"Sweetie" was obviously a pet name she has for people who she doesn't consider quite on her level because it always prefaced some load of garbage (advice) she wanted to impart. Mostly she was overstating the obvious which showed me how out of touch she was with others and what they knew.

Most condescending woman I have ever encountered. A self-appointed "expert".

"Sweetie" is great for daycare and nursery school dialog--not for conversations among professionals or spoken by professionals outside of those little folks' walls.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/1/08 9:57pm
Msg #253861

Yeah..that kind of bothered me a bit... n/m

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 7/2/08 1:36am
Msg #253874

Saying Sweetie...

Oh my goodness, Brenda...I say that all of the time without even realizing for a moment that I may be coming off as condescending and rude. I must slow down a bit, and keep those words from slipping out...I suppose that it also depends on the issue or conversation at hand, but if the consensus believes it to be true...then I have been shown the "err of my ways!"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.