Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Cornerstone Title KY - anyone having problems getting paid?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by dionaea on 6/4/08 12:58pm
Msg #249978

I've done 7 assignments from them (March 2- and 27, April 3, 10 and 17, May 15 and 22) but been paid for none of them.
I spoke to Jennifer on May 8 and was asked to fax a summary of the 5 assignments I'd done to that date, which I did. No check. Called May 15 and was told the check would be mailed the following Monday, May 19. No check. Called the following Monday, May 26, and was told the checks were put in the mail the previous Wednesday (May 24) and that she personally dropped them at the post office. No check. Called May 28 and was told they had not heard of any problems with anyone else and that they might have to put a stop on the check and issue a new one, she'd check and call me back. No call and no check.
Called this morning and asked for Jennifer - got voice mail, tried Brianna and got voice mail, called back and asked for the bookkeeper and got put through to voice mail.
The last report on this board was in late 2007 and was that they are an excellent company. I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed working with them and would love to continue to do so...but it would be nice to be paid, especially since I'm out gas, time, long distance phone calls, etc., for 7 assignments at this point.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/4/08 1:37pm
Msg #249986

Glasgow or Lexington? Either way you're close

enough to pay them a visit.

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 6/4/08 9:57pm
Msg #250037

3 hrs 43 min and 169.5 miles ONE WAY is close??????

Ummmm, sorry, but I already drove when I performed the assignments for them, and payment was supposed to be sent to me, nothing about me having to drive to their office to pick it up.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/4/08 10:08pm
Msg #250039

Well, you're closer than Philip is

but I somehow doubt he would make a almost 4 hour drive to collect payment owed to him.

How about asking them to FedEx a check to you? It can't hurt to ask and at least there would be a tracking # (if they actually send it).

Good luck collecting!

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/5/08 10:55am
Msg #250109

If someone owed me $1000.00 +

And they were only 170 miles away and they kept yanking my chain over what to me is a great deal of money, I believe I could find the time to pay them a visit. I have found that when one is standing in front of someone it is very hard for them to lie to you about the situation.
Of course you can continue to gripe about your situation on an internet forum and hope that things swing your way. Though hope is not a substitute for action.

Reply by RJE/MI on 6/5/08 10:07am
Msg #250095

I do about 3 Cornerstone Title signings a month. The last one way May 5 and I was paid in 6 days. They have always paid me within a week of the signing. Although it is unusual for me to go this long without getting a signing from them I didn't think it had been long enough to start worring but now that I have read your email I wonder if something is up with them. Has anyone else been having the problems dionaea has? Has anyone else notice a drop in the assignments from them?

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 6/5/08 10:27am
Msg #250099

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. But 7 times, DUH!!!

Reply by Roger_OH on 6/5/08 11:45am
Msg #250131

Re: Cornerstone Title KY - No problems here...

I do several a month for the Lexington office, and have always been paid within a week.

Reply by AllenOh on 6/5/08 11:07am
Msg #250112

Re: Cornerstone Title KY - STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Stay Away From Them! I did a couple last year for them and had lots of trouble getting my money. Had to almost threaten them to get paid. I won't work for them again.

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 6/5/08 2:32pm
Msg #250156

Thanks, Allen, for the info

I did check when I first started work for them, and the only feedback was good. Then the assignments were 3 in one month and 2 in the next. It's not unusual in this business to wait 6 weeks to 2 months for payment, so although I usually make a phone call, I generally believe the company when they say "the check is going out next week" or something like that. Everyone at Cornerstone (Lexington, KY) has been so great to work with that the non-payment has come as a complete surprise.
BTW, I did receive a check today, dated May 31, but mailed June 3, for the April 3 assignment, which still leaves two older assignments and 4 later assignments unpaid.
I spoke with a Patty today, who said she would look into it and call me back.
And yes, I would drive to Lexington if I have to, but I sure hope it doesn't come down to that. Sigh

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.