Notary Rotary
Curve vs Pearl
Notary Discussion History

Curve vs Pearl
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by RJE/MI on 6/19/08 3:44pm
Msg #252082

Curve vs Pearl

I was wondering if the Blackberry owners out there would give me thier opinion on weather they like the Curve with the full keyboard or the Pearl with the smaller keyboard better. Have to make a decision by tomorrow morning so my tiny little alltel store in the country can order it in time for me to have it before I leave on vacation Sunday. Thanks!

Reply by BMoon_FL on 6/19/08 3:53pm
Msg #252087

When I went to upgrade my LG that had started dropping calls, the salesman reviewed both with me, and for my purposes, the Curve is the bomb. It took 5 moves to get to email with the LG and the Curve takes l. The keyboard on the Pearl was too hard for me to deal with when on the move. I really need a rubber case (LOL) because I drop it at least once a day. I am sure everyone has their own opinion, but I really like this one. Good luck and enjoy your
vacation.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/19/08 4:32pm
Msg #252095

I have the Pearl, but in the past I have used an older model with the full keyboard.

The smaller keyboard takes a little getting used to and I wasn't sure I could adapt to it after using the full size version for so long, but I like the smaller size of the Pearl. Other than the size, the Pearl also has a camera application that does not come with the Curve. The email feature works the same on all Blackberry models.

Whichever one you choose, I'm sure you will love it.

Reply by BMoon_FL on 6/19/08 4:40pm
Msg #252097

My Curve does have the camera. It is the Curve II,

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/19/08 5:28pm
Msg #252107

When I bought my Pearl the Curve model did not have a camera. Good to know the current model has one.

For me, the size, not the camera, was the selling point. I don't use the camera feature since I have a separate digital camera that takes better quality pictures.

Reply by RJE/MI on 6/19/08 6:47pm
Msg #252121

Thanks for your input. I really didn't like how big the curve was but I was worried that the keyboard on the pearl would be more work for me. Since both have good reviews I think I will go with the curve. Thanks again!

Reply by DonR_NYC on 6/19/08 7:13pm
Msg #252128

Had a Pearl and didn't like it. Also the cost to use the Blackberry features was a little too high. I got a better deal using the Palm Treo 750 which uses Windows Mobile and syncs with outlook for all my contacts, e-mails, etc.

Reply by RJE/MI on 6/19/08 7:39pm
Msg #252134

DonR

When I asked the sales rep the difference between the palm and the blackberry she told me most people that get a palm get one so they can say they have a palm. She said they were more expensive but did not give you more options. So after I read DonRs post I went to the alltel website and found the palm trio 755 to be $50.00 cheaper than the blackberry curve. So now I am wondering if I would like the Palm with the touch screen better. Sorry don't mean to be so indecisive but that is how I am when I am spending $$.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/19/08 7:44pm
Msg #252135

My brother-in-law has a Palm

and he hates it, but has to use it for work.

He is envious of my Blackberry since it automatically pushes all my email messages and is much easier to use.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/19/08 8:09pm
Msg #252143

I have a Palm and love it...

I guess it's just personal preference.

Reply by CF on 6/19/08 8:27pm
Msg #252147

I have the Treo.....and really like it!

Blackberry charges an additional monthly fee for its subscription. Palm does not....so that may be a factor in your decision. I am with Sprint the "Everything Plan" unlimited talk, text, internet, email....and on and on. I did not want to pay the extra charge of $35.00 per month for the Balckberry Serivce.

I had the small one Centro...and then returned it for the Treo. I like the full size key board better.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/19/08 10:09pm
Msg #252159

My Blackberry plan is just $20/month w/T-Mobile

I've had the service for over 5 years, not sure if that is what they would offer new customers. I pay a total of $80/month for 1500 minutes w/unlimited nights and weekends, including the Blackberry plan.

It is personal preference, just like any product/service some people put more value in one feature than another. What works for one person won't necessarily work for all.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.