Notary Rotary
DiTech commercial on TV tonight
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 6/2/08 11:50pm
Msg #249781

By LO? to Bo: I can even email you the documents...

I wonder if they email list of notaries too? Or, you dear Bo, are on your own? OMG...look out if they have decided to help with suggested $$ amt. to pay notary.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/3/08 12:13am
Msg #249782

I've never closed a DiTech loan

I heard years ago that they use a SS and don't pay very much.

I seem to recall something about a fax-back requirement as well.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/3/08 1:02pm
Msg #249852

Nonethelss, DiTech Loans are advertising they

will email the documents to the borrower.

I heard it last night too. Lemme see...was I watching Nancy Grace...or Gretta on FoxNew? I switch back and forth sometimes. Smile

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/3/08 3:31pm
Msg #249875

I haven't seen the commercial in question

but I hope Ditech is making sure the borrowers format the docs on all letter size or provide clear instructions regarding printing on legal with a laser printer.

I would welcome a general notary call from borrowers who need their signatures notarized on their Ditech loan package, as long as there was no expectation for me to do anything else in regards to the other loan documents.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/3/08 11:10pm
Msg #249919

Re: Nonethelss, DiTech Loans are advertising they

I saw it on the Fine Living network I think (or Food) Must be making the rounds.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/3/08 12:32am
Msg #249783

Small packages....and they only pay $50 per refi (those SS).
Mail away closings for this probably won't pay more, but at least it's payment COD from the brw. (IME brw's with mail away packages usually won't pay more than $50, but the upside is that they usually have no more than 1-3 notarizations in the package).

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/3/08 12:41am
Msg #249784

I would be willing to do these for $50 as long as I the signing location is within a 15 minute drive and all I am doing is performing 3 notarizations.

$50 cash for less than an hour of my time is OK by me.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/3/08 12:54am
Msg #249785

Yep, they are mostly do-it-yourself'er packages.
It takes me about 15-20 minutes for these, and that includes my courtesy check of the package. I go through to make sure the brw's have signed dated and initialed in the correct spots...because these brws usually have signed everything except the notarized pages.
Rarely do they really need a signing agent, they are really looking for a mobile notary.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/3/08 10:23am
Msg #249828

Re: DiTech commercial on TV tonight ~~ Misty

I would ONLY do the notarizations and not touch the rest... even as a favor or to be nice or because it is only a few minutes or [fill in the blank],..... WHY? Because if something at all goes wrong with the loan you are involved in the mess

JMO

Reply by Mamie on 6/4/08 4:54pm
Msg #250003

I have had 2 separate loan modifications in the last 2 weeks that only required 3 notarizations. Within 10 miles of home, $50 cash in pocket, 20 minutes there, 20 minutes drive time.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/3/08 12:54am
Msg #249786

I have done over 4000 loan signings in CA

I've never done a Ditech signing and I have never been asked/hired to do one in the 6 years I have been a Notary in CA.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/3/08 12:56am
Msg #249787

Re: I have done over 4000 loan signings in CA

I wouldn't have either, had it not been for a few mail aways.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/3/08 12:58am
Msg #249788

I am not sure what mails are? n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/3/08 1:06am
Msg #249789

The industry term is "mail aways"...the lender/tc overnights the loan package to the brw,
and expects the brw to find a notary for the notarized pages, only.
Brws are aware of all terms before the package is sent.
The package is full of sticky arrows for signatures and initials, lol.
And, sticky notes for "don't sign this until you are in front of the notary!".
Not really a loan signing, IMO.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/3/08 1:16am
Msg #249790

Mail aways are a lot more work for the TC

They must spend a fortune on those signing flags!

As long as all I need to worry about are the notarizatons (and the notarized docs are grouped together), I love this type of signing. It's a real pain when you're doing a full signing and there are notes and flags all over. They just get in the way when there are so many flags and tend to distract me from the critical items.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/3/08 1:28am
Msg #249792

Re: Mail aways are a lot more work for the TC

I don't doubt we will be seeing more of these.
I know I have had more calls for these in the past month or so than I have in 5 years.

Reply by sue_pa on 6/3/08 7:22am
Msg #249803

Re: Mail aways are a lot more work for the TC

I've also done a few of these the past 2 months (not DiTech but other lenders). I go as a mobile notary, which is what they want - I can almost guarantee no one in my area will pay out of their pocket for 'a signing agent' - most don't even want to pay the mobile part of my fee. I don't touch any documents other than the ones to be notarized (someone above said they do a courtesy check of the other paperwork - not the reason I'm there). I did look at some a man had pulled out the other week - his package was what he called idiot proof - a folder with 3 distinct pockets - docs to sign, docs to sign in front of the notary, docs for him to keep. As so many think, he pulled a few from the pile to be signed on his own that had the word 'seal' on the signature line. I told them they were his and didn't get notarized. Other than that, I notarize the few pages, collect my fee and move on. I am not about to qc work I am not being paid for - even if it only takes a few minutes - it's beyond the 'scope of my employment' on these orders.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/3/08 11:40pm
Msg #249921

Now, I understand Mails

I have done many of these type of loans over the years, but not with DiTech, and I have always helped the borrower complete the rest of the loan documents. I am looking for "call back" notary work.

I think it is just a great way to advertise my notary business and I always leave my business card.
This could be a small part of the reason that I get 4-7 calls every day to do notary/loan-signing work.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/3/08 6:39am
Msg #249798

Yep...not a loan signing. Don't treat it like one or market as if it is.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/3/08 8:17am
Msg #249810

I signed a Ditech loan just last week, it paid $115 with edocs, it's a short package. When I got into this biz years ago, I signed Ditech docs all day long until I learned better, $55 overnight documents refinance, if piggy back $90 overnight. I quickly learned pay was too low. This was through Moses in Motion, not sure if they are still around. I do sign Ditech all the time...I did sign a BofA on Sunday, documents sent to the borrower on an investment refi, and the customer paid me directly $125 because he had to leave for work on Monday morning at 4:30am. Had to close today to get his rate. Every now and again I get calls from borrowers who need to have their documents signed because the lender put it on them to get the notary/notarizations.

Reply by sue_pa on 6/3/08 8:49am
Msg #249816

...When I got into this biz years ago, I signed Ditech docs all day long until I learned better, $55 overnight documents refinance, if piggy back $90 overnight...

Me too !!!! I did them for Moses in Motion and for about 10 other companies also. KMC has the DiTech contract and when it became too large, DiTech divied it up. I did a tremendous volume of these - probably 10-15 a week and I drove ALL over the place for those fees.

Among many other factors, I'd say DiTech is one of the reasons I am successful today.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/3/08 8:25am
Msg #249813

I refi'd my own home last year with Ditech. They absolutely REFUSED to e-mail or overnight the docs directly to me so I could sign and get notarized on my own - they said it was a "conflict of interest". They also refused to send docs to my bank - they insisted on using their signing service, but I did get them to reduce the Ditech fee by the amount of the SS fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.