Notary Rotary
Did my first e-signing today.........
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by GA/Atty on 6/20/08 9:17pm
Msg #252360

It went smoothly, but definitely is less convenient from the closer / borrower end of the transaction. I guess it is more convenient somewhere up the chain........

FHA loan - 60 pages in addition to the edocs.

If all the docs were e-signable I could see where an in-office closing with a work station set up would be nice. But otherwise it was just a hassle.

Reply by jMN on 6/20/08 9:26pm
Msg #252362

Do you charge more for esign closings? I'm just getting into it also but have just been charging what I normally charge. Not sure if I should charge more or not....any suggestions?

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/20/08 10:35pm
Msg #252377

I didn't yet, but if you do most of your signings in borrowers homes you would have to tote around your own laptop if you were going to do them regularly, so I guess there would have to be a fee increase for them or maybe a smaller, across-the-board increase to pay for it.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/20/08 11:12pm
Msg #252382

GA Can the borrower log on to their own computer and ck off all pages? so you just do the notary pages?

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/20/08 11:25pm
Msg #252385

Many but not all - and I had to be there when they clicked n/m

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/20/08 11:46pm
Msg #252391

Re: Many but not all - and I had to be there when they clicked

A bank here in California. Has the customer do the computer part and then sends me just to the notary part was the DOT And Aka s only.was in and out in 15 min..I would think the notary should log online with them?

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/21/08 6:55am
Msg #252407

That would be much better - this particular lender though

had me sign something that said I had been there and seen the borower do her clicks.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/21/08 4:12pm
Msg #252441

Re: That would be much better - this particular lender though

Thanks GA Wink

Reply by LynnNC on 6/22/08 2:58pm
Msg #252494

I think it makes sense to have the notary watch...

...the borrower click approval of the documents, then notarize a document where the borrower certifies that he/she did so...that way there is a record that the BORROWER did in fact approve the documents.

I only did one e-sign and it was a pain...for each document, one borrower had to click approval, then go to another page and click that he/she did so, then the other borrower had to go back two pages and do the same thing. Instead of being able to show a document to the borrower, briefly describe it, then point where to sign and date, they had to scroll through through the entire document...and took more time to look at them. The three of us had to sit/stand close together to all view the screen at the same time.

I hope e-signs won't become the norm. If I were a borrower, I wouldn't like it...I want paper documents to look at.

Reply by Gerry_VT on 6/22/08 6:17pm
Msg #252517

Re: I think it makes sense to have the notary watch...

Of course, a certificate like LynnNC suggests will only show that the borrower e-signed SOME documents; it won't provide any assurance about what the documents said. The borrower is totally reliant on the competence and good character of the organization that runs the website where the signing occured.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.