Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Fair fee for printing docs & print fee for piggy back?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by NC_Notary on 6/16/08 5:01pm
Msg #251528

I was originally to be paid $250 for 2 sets of edocs & when I arrived borrower was not aware of money due and cancelled after trip was made. What would be a fair fee to charge for this situation? TIA

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/16/08 5:06pm
Msg #251529

You printed, traveled both ways. Deduct 1 hr. for a no-sign, if you're feeling generous. Tho', you probably should have given B a heads up on the money due and then you'd be getting print fees only.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/16/08 5:44pm
Msg #251531

A piggyback - two loans - and he still owed money?? Wow.. n/m

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/16/08 6:41pm
Msg #251549

I usually would ask for half if borrower refuses; however,

if I don't have a specific agreement up front about being paid X amount for a no-sign, I kind of feel lucky to get anything at all. I don't feel like I can demand any specific fee under those circumstances.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 6/16/08 7:02pm
Msg #251552

Re: I usually would ask for half if borrower refuses; however,

Quite a few times the borrower doesn't have the $$ at the table but does have info on a wire transfer. Never backed out because of that. Of course I call the TC first to make sure they are ok with it. Typically it's because I get the docs after 5, banks are closed and amt from borrower isn't known till then. Just my experience.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 6/16/08 7:05pm
Msg #251553

my bad

misread original post. I see now the borrower wasn't aware of $$ owed.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 6/16/08 7:25pm
Msg #251555

I always call the borrower when I get the HUD to make sure they will have a cashiers check ready. I do not print the docs until I have spoken with them. I recently have a Reverse Mortgage where money was due. Borrower knew he had to pay something but did not know the exact amount. I called him and he was able to go to bank before I arrived.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/16/08 11:48pm
Msg #251590

The same as you'd charge for a single loan, just double what you'd normally charge for printing.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 6/17/08 6:38am
Msg #251608

For a piggy-back, I charge the travel fee + half that (since I'm there already) and a double print fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.