Notary Rotary
Feedback needed from North Carolina notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 2:55pm
Msg #251345

One of our biggest customers doesn't give us any of their NC closings. They do not want to deal directly with all the different notaries and have informed us they want NNS to build a strong database in NC. NNS will receive $100 for an e-doc signing. The only feasible way for us to do this is for us to reduce our fee to $80. Please, NC notaries only, provide some feedback. Thank you.

Reply by davidK/CA on 6/14/08 3:21pm
Msg #251349

$80 is absurd for an e-doc signing. That's what you are offering, right?

Your biggest customer is a cheapskate, especially when you compare what the borrower is actually paying out of their own money to have the signing completed and what the notary actually receives.

My opinion, even if I don't live and work in NC.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/14/08 3:22pm
Msg #251350

An Edoc closing for $80?

That is not acceptable. Gas prices are over $4.00. There are no closings that are close to home in this area. The average closing is 44 miles round trip and many are much further. The price of everything has gone up, and you want us to lower our fees? I still have no problem getting jobs that pay $125 for edocs and this area already charges much lower fees than some of the other areas in the country.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 4:19pm
Msg #251355

Re: An Edoc closing for $80?

The customer closes at least 100 loans a month in NC. If I accept this deal, I would be able to guarantee volume. Yes, we would be receiving $100. No, I don't need a new sales manager. We are very high volume. NNS makes between $20-$40 per closing. If we can get this deal finalized, I will target TC's that close NC loans. So, instead of just the 100 loans from this particular customer, NNS will have a target number of 200-300 loans a month in NC. What you lose in reduced fees will be made up for in volime, and then some.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/08 4:41pm
Msg #251357

Do you know how many times signing agents have heard "accept this fee and we will guarantee volume"?
There are no guarantees in any business.
And for a signing service to accept $100 for edocs does not say much for the signing service.

When the day comes that I cannot pay $135 to a signing agent for edocs I will hang up my signing service hat, because there is no way I would insult a signing agent by offering less.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 5:23pm
Msg #251360

Sylvia, it is great that you can pay $135. However, as you know, there aren't too many TC's left that will pay a SS or NSA that much. the ones that will are fairly small. I am glad you have some customers that pay the same fees as when the market was booming. NNS, on the other hand, goes after high volume clients. We only make $20-$30 per closing. Our bottom line depends on volume. Currently, we are closing approximately 1200 loans a month nationwide. Our goal is a 10% increase each month.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/08 6:11pm
Msg #251366

My main title company is not a small one. It is a branch of a nationwide title company.
And I raised my fees to them last year so I could pay $135 for edocs and $100 for overnight. Since 2003 I had been paying $110 for edocs and $75 for overnight, but with the signing agents costs going up - price of gas etc, I decided I needed to raise the fees an extra $25. So I let the title companies know I needed to raise the fees and they accepted the increase without batting an eyelid. But I guarantee all my signing agents work to the companies, and they know I only provide experienced quality signing agents. The experienced signing agents are willing to work for me because I pay fair fees and they get their full fee whether the loan gets signed or not.

Reply by PAW on 6/14/08 6:40pm
Msg #251375

>>> there aren't too many TC's left that will pay a SS or NSA that much. the ones that will are fairly small. <<<

That's news to me. I work directly with large, national title companies and they pay substantially higher than $100 per file. Yes, there are some, but I submit the majority of national title companies know the worth of a good signing agent and pay better than what you're claiming you can get.

As for your "volume" of 100/month, that means absolutely nothing to the signing agent. If you get 100/month, then there may be 2 or 3 per month per area. That's not volume by any stretch of the imagination.

1200/month nationwide is also meaningless. Consider that there are at least four times that amount of agents seeking those closings, they (the signing agent) may see 3 or 4 a YEAR. Again, that's not "volume".

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/14/08 6:32pm
Msg #251373

ANY1Else catch the volume gimmick? u will be paid $80 but

make it up in volume.....................HUH WTH? we still have time and gas... silly s/s volume discounts work for YOU NOT US... for the s/s there is NO gas and just a few minutes of time...

I am still LMAO over that idiotic statement

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/14/08 8:17pm
Msg #251395

Re: ANY1Else catch the volume gimmick? u will be paid $80 b

The last guy that promised me volume gave me two deals at my fee, promised to send more and after he proved the volume I would accept a lower fee. The guy has not offered one more deal to me and has successfully bounced checks on NSAs all over the USA. Thankfully, I was paid and my check did not bounce, although it was late.

BooFrigginHoo, Mr SS! Learn to sell and to negotiate on more than cost alone.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/15/08 9:34pm
Msg #251455

That was my thought, too...

If there is a decent profit, the volume makes sense, as it does for the ss, because they can have multiple signings taking place at once. For us, though, I don't get the attraction of filling up one's calendar with appointments, expending lots of energy, paper, gas, wear and tear, etc. for a very slim margin. You're working very hard for little money. And that means you aren't likely to be available for the well paying ones when they come along. I suppose if things are slow enough, that begins to look attractive, but at that point, finding a full time (or even part-time) job may make more sense!

And, of course, it's also assuming that there WILL be volume, which isn't too likely, as so many have pointed out.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/14/08 6:55pm
Msg #251378

The only time I give a volume discount is if I get 10+

closings a week or 40 closings a month. That is what I call volume. Not 2 or 3 closings a week.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/18/08 4:00pm
Msg #251874

His website shows only 1,000 visits

Reply by Michael/NC on 6/14/08 3:33pm
Msg #251352

First issue-I don't believe that you only receive $100.00 for an E-doc signing. Second issue-In my area (rural) we travel great distances to complete signings. $80.00 for e-docs might work for someone just starting out but not for me.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/14/08 3:45pm
Msg #251353

Not in NC, but my feedback is you need a new Sales Mgr. n/m

Reply by BeckyNC on 6/14/08 4:48pm
Msg #251358

Michael, you and Lisa are absolutely correct. Distance and driving conditions are a large factor in setting fees in North Carolina. My area has the best of all worlds - heavy traffic, winding mountain roads, and rural country settings. $80.00 edoc signings will only work if they are right next door. As far as the promise of volume, in my experience that kind of promise is like a balloon with a hole - doesn't hold any air. Mr. Signing Agency, if you really want to hire experienced, professional closers, please rethink your strategy and consider renegotiating your fees with your clients.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 5:09pm
Msg #251359

This client currently pays $90 direct to the NSA. They have no loyalty to notaries from the conversation I had with them. They told me the absolute highest they would pay us is $100. For me to receive this contract and for it to be feasible, I would have to pay $80. NNS would be loyal to our notaries, and offer our frequently used NSA's first shot at any in their area. If it not cost effective for them on a particular closing, I would understand totally. That particular notary would still get the first call on the next one in their area. We also pay 2 weeks after closing, no waiting for when the TC wants to pay you.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/14/08 5:24pm
Msg #251361

Bet'cha dollars to donuts that if this client has no loyalty

to NSA's why would they have loyalty to SS??? One has to look at a company's practices overall and how they treat people in general. I'll bet the only reason they are doing business with you is because they have a specific need to fill right now and no one else to turn to but if and when they find someone cheaper, well Sayonara Sucker!

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/14/08 5:47pm
Msg #251362

The reason they (might) have loyalty to the SS is

because they found one willing to do closings for low pay. Then they try to perpetuate the problem by trying to pass it on to us.

If the SS just says no, then the TC can keep trying others until they eventually put the rates back.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 5:59pm
Msg #251364

Re: The reason they (might) have loyalty to the SS is

Of course they have no loyalty to a SS either. But no, if a SS says no to them they will continue to pay the $90 direct. The only reason they are willing to pay the extra $10 is to save on a couple of hourly wages and the healthcare costs. Make no mistake, $$ is the bottom line. TC's are cutting fees everywhere.

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 6/14/08 6:06pm
Msg #251365

Maybe I'm missing something if they are paying NC notaries 90.00 direct why would the notaries want to except 80.00 from you. I mean the TC has to be giving the work to someone in the area if they have over one hundred closings per month whose closing them if not NC notaries someone has to be getting the work It sounds like this will only be a win win for you

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 6/14/08 6:14pm
Msg #251367

Re:One other Thing

Why are there so many SS trying to convince notaries that the TC are only willing to pay 100.00 most of my clients are TC and they pay a considerable amount more. No Iam not as busy as before but at the end of the month I still make a profit more volume means more work and expenses its like that commercial work harder to make more money to buy more drugs to stay up and work harder etc. again the only person making out in the deal is the SS

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 6:27pm
Msg #251371

Re: Re:One other Thing

Small, local TC's are the only ones paying considerably more. Large, nationwide companies do not pay considerably more.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/14/08 6:41pm
Msg #251376

That is not entirely true... n/m

Reply by Therese on 6/14/08 7:40pm
Msg #251383

Re: Re:One other Thing>>>>HUH???

Isn't it the borrower who pays the fees?? What would they say if they knew that the TC, SS was receiving the most of the disclosed notary fees. if the TC is reporting $250.00 on hud and paying out 80 or whatever couldn't this be a violation?????

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/16/08 12:06am
Msg #251460

Re: Re:One other Thing>>>>HUH???

Esignings pay more TC knows this they do pay more here in California they put 250.00 on hud closing statement.Signing co s want the extra money but they dont want to pay the notary.normal for them.....

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/15/08 10:22am
Msg #251430

RUBBISH! I took a job recently where I told the TC

$200, and she said no problem. This is a national outfit.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/15/08 7:02pm
Msg #251446

You are so wrong!

Local TC's in NC don't do closings. It isn't permitted yet. 99% of the closings I do are from National TC's. That is where most of the closing business comes from. So yes, the big national companies do pay much more than you are offering. Stop trying to justify your low fees and lack of respect for NSA's.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/14/08 7:54pm
Msg #251387

Re: The reason ~~~ exactly what i posted above! n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/08 6:19pm
Msg #251369

Hmm and how many signing agents do they have to call before they find one who is willing to accept a $90 fee? Sure it is cheaper for them to pay the extra $10 and have a signing service make all the calls for them.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 6:29pm
Msg #251372

Exactly, but they will get one. By paying the SS the extra $10, they eliminate a couple of salaries and healthcare costs. If it wasn't cost effective, they certainly wouldn't do it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/08 7:02pm
Msg #251379

And you think it is worth it to spend probably an hour or so on the phone to get a signing agent to accept $80?
I like to be able to contract with the first experienced signing agent I call. I would hate to send a notary out that is so inexperienced as to accept $80 for edoc signing.
As I said, that fee is an insult to experienced signing agents.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 7:44pm
Msg #251384

Sylvia, I have close to 15,000 people in my system. Very rarely do I spend more than 5 minutes on any file. I might get 1 or 2 difficult ones a week. Like this week I needed a Polish notary where there are none. Another was on the KS/NE line. As far as $135 or it being an insult, that is the past.2 examples. One of the absolute best notaries in FL gets $90. The second, in a particular Atty state, I pay attorneys $125 including e-docs. So how is it an insult to a notary. I wish it was like the past. It's not, and it's not going to be for a few years.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/08 7:51pm
Msg #251386

I'd like to know who the "absolute best notary in Fl" is who accepts $90 for an edoc signing, unless maybe it is next door.

I still say it is an insult to the notary to offer the fee you are offering.

Guess we will have to disagree on this. I have been a signing agent myself and I know a signing agent's worth. I always believe "the laborer is worthy of his hire" and pay accordingly

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/14/08 8:54pm
Msg #251405

Why is NNS posting this? To get an argument?

I don't get it. SSs which pay like this need to man up and deal with the disgust that they KNOW this board will display. Why bring it to a notary board to complain that they are only getting $100 so they are offering $80 to the notary? It is their choice...why worry about what notaries think? Just go about your business and pay the low fees...don't look for approval of this maddening situation you are helping to promote.

Mr. NNS, sorry for having this opinion, but you appear to be a low-baller...they type that is sucking the blood out of the notary business...working to get more at low rates (according to your targeted goals).

How about seeking clients which pay well?

Reply by PAW on 6/14/08 10:17pm
Msg #251419

>>> in a particular Atty state, I pay attorneys $125 including e-docs <<<

So, you think that an attorney does the job any differently than a professional signing agent? And that justifies a $45 difference in pay. There is something called "equal pay for equal work", but you probably never heard of that.

Just because I'm not a member of the Florida Bar, doesn't make me inferior. Actually, I'd bet that a lot of signing agents could do a better job than a lot of attorneys.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/15/08 6:15am
Msg #251421

Some NSA's probably are much better than Atty's. That said, please find a TC willing to pay an NSA the same fees they pay to an Atty.

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 6/15/08 7:23am
Msg #251423

Where in god's name are you able to find an attorney that is willing to perform a closing for $125.00. I am an attorney, and just turned a closing down this week for significantly more than $125.00.

I agree with the majority of those posting to this thread. The price you have suggested is an insult to signing agents. Your offer of volume is ridiculous. It has been my experience that volume discounts do not work. Most often the TC or SS will initially offer volume for several weeks, but then it declines because they have no control over it. However, despite the decline in volume they still want the discount from the signing agent. I had one signing service call me recently to hire the services of our firm. She was unable to meet our required fees. She tried to negotiate a volume discount, but could not guaranty any monthly volume. When I pointed out to her that she was asking my firm to commit to a certain price without her commitment to a certain volume...she was quite embarassed.

If the TC with whom you are negotiating is attempting impose such a ridiculously low price ...I think you should investigate further. It has been my experience that the SS and TC are making significantly more than disclosed to the signing agents. In the past month alone I have closed 3 loans for a signing service that was making $500.00 on each deal. The TC was being paid significantly more.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/15/08 8:45am
Msg #251426

"Where in god's name are you able to find an attorney that is willing to perform a closing for $125.00. I am an attorney, and just turned a closing down this week for significantly more than $125.00."

To add to this Who in god's name can call an attorney and tell that firm what they are going to be paid to perform "anything". If you hire an attorney, any attorney, you are going to pay THEIR fees regardless. You are billed for their services at their price whether you like it or not. No discount for volume, just doens't make any sense business wise to do that.

It should be the same for us. Its OUR business. You pay what I charge, not what you want to pay. You have no idea what OUR circumstances are regarding our expenses to perform a closing. Every area of the country is different, and from what I am reading here, NC has very very rural areas that take time to get to. 10 miles for me may take 10 minutes, but 10 miles for someone else may take 1/2 hr. Most of us have an hour into the closing before we get 1 signature. Then an hour with the borrower and then another hour afterwards. I pretty much figure I will have 3 hours into ANY closing, Period. And, I bill accordingly.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/15/08 4:48pm
Msg #251440

Atty's fees are different in each state. And yes, CT Atty's would never accept this fee. . CT attorneys also think they are worth 2 1/2-5 times more than a notary. Because of this, TC's that use to use Atty's in CT are now using notaries.

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 6/15/08 7:30pm
Msg #251448

Is that estimate based upon multiples of the ridiculously low fee that you have quoted?

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/15/08 10:24am
Msg #251431

Every bankrupt company had a cost effective plan. n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/15/08 9:40pm
Msg #251456

"If it wasn't cost effective, they certainly wouldn't do it."

So why do you expect the signing agents to do something that isn't cost effective? We undoubtedly have the highest cost-per-signing of anyone involved in the actual work associated with the HUD line item that says "Notary"!

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/15/08 10:17am
Msg #251429

Fine, then when all the SAs are out, the TCs can go back to

staying open all hours of the night and opening their offices on the weekends to get the signings done. It's ridiculous for you to assume that we will work at a loss or break even. It is far cheaper to stay home and not wear down the vehicle than it is to run it around and hopefully recoup a little more than our costs. Don't you have any control over your business? Don't you have the right to refuse service? You're about to be stuck with a lot of orders you can't fill because you want to save nickels at our expense.

Let the TCs keep cutting, then you and I will be out and the TC can pay greater costs for more overhead due to office signings at any hour, 7 days a week.

Reply by Vince/KS on 6/14/08 7:59pm
Msg #251389

Logic here $90 to NSA's or $100 to SS

If they can find plenty of NSA's to do signings for $90, adding $10 each to the hundreds of signings that are being promised per month makes n0 sense. In that case, the marketing that you need to do is how the NSA can come out $10 ahead by accepting $10 less (no matter the volume). That makes as much sense. Perhaps they believe they can take $125 to $150 signings away from other companies to give the kind of volume needed. In that case, the NSA's currently getting that much really has to be concerned - but then you wouldn't make anything. Your opinion of those in NC must be low.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/14/08 8:56pm
Msg #251408

Re: Logic here $90 to NSA's or $100 to SS - Vince

For the $10 the notary gets "loyalty"! Until they miss the phone call or they ask for an extra $10...then it's right on down the list.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/08 6:36pm
Msg #251374

"They told me the absolute highest they would pay us is $100. For me to receive this contract and for it to be feasible, I would have to pay $80"

Well nobody is holding a gun to your head to accept the contract. Plenty of signing agents manage to say no to lowballers and still stay in business, why do the signing services always act like they have absolutely no choice in the matter?

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 7:50pm
Msg #251385

We are not trying to stay in business. We are growing. No we don't have to take this deal. But if I can add 100 sales a month and make it worthwhile, why not. One question. Do you see many mom & pop places anymore. Probably not. All you see is Walmarts. This is the way our world is today.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/08 8:44pm
Msg #251401

"But if I can add 100 sales a month and make it worthwhile, why not. "

Because the only person it might be worthwhile to is you? Because that type of attitude has destroyed this profession over the past couple of years and all you're doing is ensuring that you won't have a future in this business?

I don't even see why you bothered to ask the question. It's obvious that you already knew it was a crappy fee which is why you asked the question in the first place. You haven't gotten a single positive response in the entire thread. Yet your mind is obviously already made up or you wouldn't be coming up with these ultra lame arguments to defend the fee that you already knew to be crappy in the first place. What exactly is the point?

Reply by jba/fl on 6/14/08 8:49pm
Msg #251403

Cali: Regal/NC #251368 said he would n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/08 9:02pm
Msg #251410

I stand corrected

One person said he'd do it if it were within 10 miles of his home. Not quite a resounding endorsement.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/14/08 9:28pm
Msg #251414

Re: I stand corrected

In the last 3 months, I've had a total of 5 closings within 10 miles of my home. We are just so spread out here, and Bobby's area is moreso. He's got much more rural and then he has to navigate around Fort Bragg.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/14/08 7:18pm
Msg #251381

I have to tell you, there are some REALLY BAD NSA's in NC!

So you are going to have some real fun! How much do you eat when the bad notaries screw up and someone else has to go fix the problem? Up until Jan 2003 we were an attorney only closing state. The NSA thing didn't really get big until the middle of 2005. There is an entire group of NSA's that believe that doing any more that handing the entire stack of docs all at once to the borrower and telling to sign, date and initial is UPL.

We've also got huge gaps in our NSA coverage areas in this state too. I've got several companies that will pay me $50 more to go to Graham and Burlington once a week as they can't find any NSA's in Alamance County. I've called around to hire NSA's in several areas of NC to do closings for an attorney's office, one of us had to go do them ourselves, because not one person listed in this and another site were still in business in those areas.

You'll find a few counties that won't have any NSA coverage at all! We are planning on starting a NC SS this year, but we decided to wait until we can find at least 3 experienced NSA's in every area to cover every county, so if one can't do it there will be 2 backups. We've been working on this for 2 months, and we've not gotten 1/2 of the state covered!

Reply by Regal/NC on 6/14/08 6:15pm
Msg #251368

The assignment would have to be within a ten mile radius for me to agree to a $80 fee.

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/14/08 8:12pm
Msg #251392

You need to negotiate a better deal...

or do you think all NSAs have absolutely NO self worth?

Gas - $4.50 a gallon
Paper - $50 per case
Toner - $100 on average

Long Distance Calls - FREE w/a $24.99 a month plan

Who the He!! do you think you are kidding here? Just because you do not value your service doesn't mean that we don't value our service.

I hope this slow market thins the SS herd...especially the el cheapo SS like yours.

You have insulted the members of this board.

Reply by Negrete on 6/14/08 8:12pm
Msg #251393

I am sureglad that I have NEVER had to offer someone $80 for a closing.

If all that you have is 15000 notaries to chose from you might want to get a better database sir.

And I honestly DO NOT BELIEVE that you are only getting $100 per closing, and IF you are then you need to quit working for that title company sir.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/14/08 8:15pm
Msg #251394

AGAIN, LIKE I SAY EV TIME: MORE FREE ADVERTISING n/m

Reply by Negrete on 6/14/08 8:19pm
Msg #251396

Re: AGAIN, LIKE I SAY EV TIME: MORE FREE ADVERTISING

For me or for the other fellow Zee ?

Reply by Les_CO on 6/14/08 8:39pm
Msg #251399

Since I’m not a NC notary…But because I also believe the ‘Poster’..With their many posts lately, may just be trying to ease the burden on their schedulers, or to try and find notaries / or advertise here. Although I doubt the notaries pose a problem. ( Given their recent posts, they CAN’T be that busy? Methinks advertising…? But why not? Things are really S…L…O…W …and not likely to get better ……………..!

My motto: I never work for someone that has less than I.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/14/08 11:18pm
Msg #251420

lol NOT you..

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/14/08 8:23pm
Msg #251398

He was here a couple months ago - I'm sure you all

remember that...his fee structure went something like this:

Witness Only Signings...........................................$50.00
2nd Signings...........................................................$25.00
Refused to sign (during signing)............................$50.00
Refused to sign (trip only)......................................$25.00
Delinquent Status Reports…………………………. $10.00**Minimum
Late Returned packages……………………………$10.00** Minimum
Failure to Notarize documents………………………$10.00** Minim

Remember? He hadn't had time to revise his webpage or his Agreements...guess the good news is the $80 offer IS a step up...sort of...

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/08 8:47pm
Msg #251402

Re: He was here a couple months ago - I'm sure you all

"Late Returned packages……………………………$10.00** Minimum
Failure to Notarize documents………………………$10.00** Minim"

That he even has to include this in his fee schedule tells us all we need to know about the caliber of notary he's getting for his insulting fees. And he obviously hasn't learned a thing from it.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/14/08 8:53pm
Msg #251404

His office hired me couple of years ago for many jobs

at a much better price than offered today. While I was packing boxes of old stuff for storage, I noticed in their file folder the last job I did I was short paid $25.00, but I was never able to collect as no one answered phone or emails for quite a stretch of time. Now that he has resurfaced, I have to find that invoice and all supporting materials and see if I can collect. Will keep everyone posted as to my success or lack of it.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 9:04pm
Msg #251411

Re: His office hired me couple of years ago for many jobs

Find it and send it to me. Again, I took over in Jan. The system I have installed automatically cuts a check for every loan closed from a Sun to Sat in 2 weeks on a Thur.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 8:56pm
Msg #251406

As I said the last time, I took over day to day in late January. The website was 7 years old. I had to priortize. The website was being redeveloped anyway. If you go to the website now, none of that nonsense is there anymore.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/08 8:58pm
Msg #251409

"If you go to the website now, none of that nonsense is there anymore."

So you've replaced it with the new nonsense that you've been spewing in this thread?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/14/08 10:05pm
Msg #251416

Last post was addressed to NNS

This in response to Cali's post - I too went and looked - he moved it and renamed it (now dot net as opposed to dot com) ...and I couldn't log in to check for a new agreement or fee schedule - I'll assume because I never returned the executed Agreement.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/14/08 10:03pm
Msg #251415

Sorry...no dice...

I registered on your website after you agreed via e-mail that the fee would be on a case by case basis - the Agreement you sent me to sign and return was dated 2005.....in addition, that fee schedule that I posted as attached to it...along with a page with spaces for a copy of my DL, a copy of my Soc. Sec. Card and a copy of my notary stamp!! Needless to say, the Agreement was never returned.

Reply by The Notary National Signers on 6/14/08 10:06pm
Msg #251417

Re: Sorry...no dice...

Agreement does not exist anymore.

Reply by tinkie on 6/14/08 9:14pm
Msg #251413

I charge $85 just to uncoil and struggle up out of my

recliner to go take a shower. Donnin' threads, boots and diddy bop shades is extra.

Reply by Loretta on 6/15/08 8:30am
Msg #251425

Re: I charge $85 just to uncoil and struggle up out of my

The only thing accomplished here is free advertising for a signing service. I have been in this business for 12 years and besides ATM and Service Stink, I have NEVER had a title company pay $80 or less. The title companies I work with are local and national and they pay $150 to $200.

THE HUD STILL HAS $400 AND UP FOR SETTLEMENT FEES TO COMPANY. FEES HAVEN'T CHANGED TO THE BORROWER

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/15/08 10:48am
Msg #251432

The only free advertising I see here is the SS name being

branded into my head as one to refuse work from like LIA or SOX.

When this one calls, I won't have to do a quick check to see who they are first, I can just refuse right away and not get into a debate over fees.

Also, as a recently new member to this forum, I have a greater understanding now as to why so many of you seem to be pi$$ed off so much. This SS clearly enjoys arguing and debating a lost cause. Not a company I want to work for.

Reply by Joseph Miller on 6/15/08 4:03pm
Msg #251438

I have been a certified signing agent here in the Charlotte area for over 4 years. I am full time but there is NO way I can accept a fee with edocs of $80. As others from my state have mentioned that is ridiculous with the price of GAS, paper, toner and others going up it cannot be justified.

I have kept my fees prety much the same the last few years even with the prices going up for supplies. I typically charge $135 with edocs unlsee it is outside my county of Mecklenburg then I charge based on distance.

Many are trying to lower fees and signings are becoming less each day, I am struggling to make an income and I refuse to "bastardize" my integrity and professionalism and work for fees that low.

I am considering going back to the 8-5 routine if things dont change, I do not want to go back to fees of what I charged when I started and feel Sylvia and others on here have valid points and I feel we should ban together to turn down these low ballers.

I will offer discounts for voluime but volume would have to be many signings in a week at least 10 or more per compnay to drop fees.

I cover 11 counties but dont do them for flat rates I cant and I try to stay competetive but when there are those out there accepting these insane rates with edocs how am I to compete.
I guess they call me when those who work cheap screw up and I can go fix those problems.

NC Signing agents unite - dont accept signings with edocs if they are under $125 ( which is an average)

Joe/NC

Reply by laurielnc on 6/15/08 4:07pm
Msg #251439

I work in the counties around Raleigh. I would not be able to do your closings for $80.00. For me to get from one side of Wake county to the other end is almost a 45 min. drive. I take all of that into consideration. Plus if I were to take an $80 signing that would be the time my regular accounts would call and offer $125 or more. Is it me or do the low priced signings always seem to go wrong? I stay away from any company offering under $100 (for e-docs). So count me out as being able to work with you.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/16/08 7:22am
Msg #251468

This is the name of the game for e-signings. They are pushing for lower fees, even though it is more work & expense for us. They are clever--putting the pressure on the tc's & ss.
How much good will it do for you to get that contract & then not be able to get any notaries that will accept the low fee? We need you to stand firm on fees or we will not be able to work with you. They may promise you volume, but who is interested in volume at a loss?

Reply by Dianne Pickard on 6/16/08 9:58am
Msg #251476

I read all your responses with interest as I am a NC notary.

Whenever I get a signing call I ask what compensation they are offering and tell them that my minimum fee for e-docs is $1xx.

Unfortunately there are still some NSAs in this area who will take these el-cheapo offers.
Thats why these TCs, SS, etc. will continue to attempt to cut fees lower and lower. They are apparently are having some modicum of success at it.

SOMEONE out there is accepting these assignments. I, however, am sticking to my business plan. For every lowball offer I get, there are always at least 3 more who will meet my fees because they know they will get the job done right the first time.

So to you, Mr. Signing Service, good luck in your endeavors.

Intelligent NSAs who can do the math will just say "NO."

Reply by Gary_CA on 6/16/08 12:15pm
Msg #251487

Thread has a longer tail than the monkey that started it n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.