Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
For techies - any comments re: Vista SP1?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by JanetK_CA on 6/6/08 3:40pm
Msg #250290

Got the notice that new updates are available and it turns out it's SP1 for Vista. Has anyone already loaded it? I heard or read somewhere recently that it's important to add all the latest updates, but I know there were some problems with XP updates in the past. Guess I'm a little wary, anymore. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Reply by Gary_CA on 6/6/08 5:12pm
Msg #250310

!@#$#%^&*(**+{}?>@@**!@@#$$#%%%^&%%$%^#$@%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/6/08 6:24pm
Msg #250321

So, Gary, Get off the fence. This wishywashy stuff has to

end.

<big grin>

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/7/08 4:12am
Msg #250346

LOL! Well, I wasn't expecting THAT!! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/7/08 5:08am
Msg #250347

Gary is a meanie. n/m

Reply by Dave_CA on 6/7/08 8:16am
Msg #250357

Re: Gary is a meanie.

I've had it installed for about a month with no problems.

Reply by Gary_CA on 6/7/08 1:22pm
Msg #250387

Actually I can't comment on Vista SP1

I don't have it installed. Tried three times and spent the better half of a day with their so called tech support trying one day.

It's about a 2 hour installation process, and if there are any errors, real or imagined, it waits till the two hours is up to tell you "sorry, couldn't install it" then takes about 20 minutes to undo whatever it is it didn't do.

I haven't heard of any problems with the update, in fact it is supposed to fix some problems I have without the update.

They've now given me a list of about 99 things to try and want me to spend another day on the phone with them sometime in the next 60 days to finish.

@#$%^&%$#@$#%&*%&*#$!!!!!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/7/08 11:46pm
Msg #250419

Re: Actually I can't comment on Vista SP1

Thanks. How very frustrating!! I think I will wait to try to download and install it until I have a block of time open during business hours... I hope you get things resolved without too many more headaches!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.