Notary Rotary
Getitsigned Notary...
Notary Discussion History

Getitsigned Notary...
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 6/24/08 6:24pm
Msg #252795

Getitsigned Notary...

What would it be a good response to this email that some of you also received? Can someone investigate if they are in fact a LLC otherwise we can go against their personal assets after you win a judgement<<spell?

"You have recently done a signing for us and we want to let you know that we have appreciated the opportunity to work with you. Your professionalism, availability and reliability are thankless. We sincerely appreciate your hard work and having been given the opportunity to work with you.

As you know, the real estate market has taken a steady decline virtually affecting everyone in the industry; from appraisers, account executives, title representatives, real estate agents, notaries and undoubtedly our economy. With recent guideline changes there has been a 200% decrease in requests for signings from the most prominent branches in the industry. Things are not going well for anyone.

Unfortunately, GIS has been forced to close its doors. There simply has not been enough business for us to remain open. We have received some phone calls and emails from you and apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We have been trying to figure out a solution to a problem that many Americans have found themselves in. Unfortunately, like many other Americans, we do not have any options and are out of business. We felt that at the very least, rather than have you wonder why your invoice has not been paid, to be honest with you about what is happening and simply let you know that we are out of funds. We truly wish there was another way.

We hope that one day we can resume the relationships that we've built with you and although you may never wish to hear from us again, we sincerely hope that at the very least you understand that this apology is sincere and has been very difficult to convey to you. In an economy like this, we can only pray that the situation will get better for all of us."

Our sincerest regards,

GIS

Get It Signed Notary LLC
PO Box 3744
Costa Mesa, CA 92628
(909) 399-0768
(714) 475-6951 Fax
[e-mail address]

Reply by Calnotary on 6/24/08 6:28pm
Msg #252797

Sorry I forgot to add this.

So we have to be very careful with the other SS that handle only Countrywide-Full spectrum loans since they are dropping like flies. CMD, ADS, et. al

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/24/08 6:31pm
Msg #252798

Obviously bad management if they think it's possible

to lose 200%

"With recent guideline changes there has been a 200% decrease in requests for signings from the most prominent branches in the industry."

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/24/08 6:34pm
Msg #252799

Re: Getitsigned Notary...I'm sorry but you can't just go out

of business and consider open invoices closed. At the least they should go through bankruptcy and have the court decide if there are assets that can be used to pay your creditors: I understand that they can be forced into bankrutpcy if you go to collect in court. The corporate veil can be pierced and it would appear to me that if they have commingled their assets they have failed to prove a seperation of them from their LLC. I'm not an attorney and it is just my opinion but I have formed corporations and my attorneys have always said that one has to maintain an arms length in the operations to maintain the protection a corporation offers. Perhaps some of the attorneys on this site could give a qualified answer which I certainly can't, not being a member of the Bar and all.

Reply by Linda Hubbell on 6/24/08 6:40pm
Msg #252802

From the CA SOS website

LP/LLC
GET IT SIGNED NOTARY, L.L.C.
Number: 200622710083 Date Filed: 7/31/2006 Status: active
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Address
4772 MANZANITA ST
MONTCLAIR, CA 91763
Agent for Service of Process
VANESSA A CABALLERO
4772 MANZANITA ST
MONTCLAIR, CA 91763

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/24/08 7:27pm
Msg #252806

at the very least at least file a complaint with the LA BBB

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx?MenuItem=True&sm=

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/24/08 7:33pm
Msg #252807

How much do they owe you?

Don't spend good money chasing after bad. If they're out of business, they're out of business, do you really want to spend months dealing with this if it's just a couple of hundred bucks?

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/24/08 7:47pm
Msg #252809

Re: How much do they owe you?

$150.00, but I will not just "write it off". Fees incurred can be recovered with a judgement awarded.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/24/08 8:53pm
Msg #252817

sure you will get a judgement including court costs but coll

ecting is quite another chapter in the book of rip offs

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/24/08 10:07pm
Msg #252825

Exactly

Not to mention, fees and court costs aren't going to take into consideration the amount of time you've spent chasing down $150.

Sorry Sheila, but it would be ridiculous for you to pursue this. It'll cost you WAY more than $150 in time, and if the business is gone you're not going to end up collecting anyway. Think like a businessperson.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/24/08 10:12pm
Msg #252828

Well, for starters there's this...

"Your professionalism, availability and reliability are thankless."

Check the definition of "thankless"; it means "not likely to be rewarded". Guess that says it all in a nutshell...

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 6/24/08 10:59pm
Msg #252839

Shiela

the addy shown is very close to our office, if you sue, I can serve them for you for free Smile
my pleasure

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/25/08 11:52am
Msg #252888

Re: Shiela

I drove by the addy.....modest 2 story home.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.