Notary Rotary
Got a call from Legal Svcs in TX re: meeting with the
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by kathy/ca on 6/9/08 3:21pm
Msg #250565

Custodian of records at a Medical facility to Notarize 2 subpoenas and pick up medical records of a patient and send to them in TX. I have not had this request before and wondered if any of you hav done this in CA. Please reply, thanks and have a good day!

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/08 4:24pm
Msg #250571

I think you may be overthinking it.

The subpoenas were sent ahead of you. You are notarizing the documents gathered up for the subpoenas.

The documents should be ready.

Call and make an appointment with the custodian.

Take a couple of California jurats with you. You will need them because the Texas one's won't work with your state...Texas doesn't mind what you attach.

The document custodian will swear to you that certain things are true about the medical records they have.

You may or may not be able to pick them up and send them off to the company. You may just be notarizing and not returning the docs. Depends on the office to make that call. Doesn't matter as long as they get them in.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 6/9/08 5:59pm
Msg #250578

Just did one in WI at the Target Pharmacy. Had to wait a bit for her to wait on customers., Nothing to it.

Reply by Dave_CA on 6/9/08 8:08pm
Msg #250590

I've done this several times and, occasionally have to print the forms, but it is really straight forward so long as the person signing is not on their lunch hour.

Reply by kathy/ca on 6/9/08 9:49pm
Msg #250601

Thx for all your replies, you are all very helpful! Its fun

to do something new, just want to do it right!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.