Notary Rotary
HELP!I'M A NEWBIE!!
Notary Discussion History

HELP!I'M A NEWBIE!!
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Robin Van Horn on 6/22/08 12:49am
Msg #252453

HELP!I'M A NEWBIE!!

I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THE PAY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIGNING COMPANIES AND TITLE COMPANIES....WITH SIGNING COMPANIES IS IT JUST THE BASE RATE OF SAY 50.00 AND NO EXTRA FOR THE DOCUMENT PRINTINGS AND MILEAGE OR DO I HAVE IT ALL WRONG....EVERYTHING I HAVE READ JUST SAYS THE SIGNING COMPANIES (THE PLACE TO START WITH) JUST PAY THE 50.00 AND THATS IT....DOESNT SEEM QUITE FAIR IF YOU PUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK INTO IT AS YOU DO WITH THE TITLE COMPANIES......ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED SINCE I HOPE TO PUT MY NAME OUT THERE THIS WEEK AND NEED ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GET

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/22/08 1:12am
Msg #252454

Use the orange search button and look up message 33325 and all the posts in that thread. It has all the information you need to get started. Also, do not type in all caps...it is hard to read and considered shouting.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/22/08 7:58am
Msg #252459

You absolutely should charge a signing service (SS) for printing docs and any excess mileage beyond the base miles you are willing to travel.

When I first started, I charged $100 to sign a loan of overnight docs, or $125 if I signed a loan where I printed the e-docs. Just last month I had an SS pay me $175 because of the extra driving distance involved. When I was brand new, I did do a job with overnight docs for $60. It was close-by but that was the first and last time I did a refi for anywhere near that price. I did get paid, but that company subsequently went out of business leaving a lot of notaries unpaid (United Notaries in CO).

I mostly work for title companies now-a-days, but I will take a job from a reputable SS if they agree to my fee in writing.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/22/08 9:31am
Msg #252466

sent you a p/m

Reply by desktopfull on 6/22/08 11:01am
Msg #252472

Start at the beginning of the forum and read, that should answer all of your questions about companies, marketing, and how to set your fees. You might also consider taking business courses to learn the proper procedures of how to start and run a business.

Reply by bfd110_IN on 6/22/08 2:18pm
Msg #252491

Reminder Indiana is a TPL State

Cant do loan closings here without it (legally) unless you work for an attorney or for a bank in the state.

Reply by WDMD on 6/22/08 5:34pm
Msg #252512

Re: Reminder Indiana is a TPL State

"Cant do loan closings here without it (legally) unless you work for an attorney or for a bank in the state."

Does Indiana enforce the law? If so great.

Reply by bfd110_IN on 6/22/08 6:43pm
Msg #252520

SHHHHHH!!!! dont tell anyone they don't.

About as good as all the other states do....Kinda a joke.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/22/08 6:46pm
Msg #252524

Robin, I'm curious..and I mean this sincerely

how did you hear about this line of work - about being a loan signing agent?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.