Notary Rotary
Hi gas prices may help us in a way
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 6/6/08 5:19pm
Msg #250311

This should all but kill the lowball companies, even people who do 40-65 signings will think twice if they need to shell out 4-5 dollars a gallon for gas and the ever increase in paper and print supplies.

Myself I am thinking of bumping up my fee this week after oil hit 139/barrel and will hit 150 by the end of next week thanks to speculators. that means 4.50/gallon for gas in NJ and 5 in most of the country.

Reply by Vince/KS on 6/6/08 5:58pm
Msg #250318

Perhaps there will be less RV's on the nations highways this summer. But, it is interesting that the place we normally vacation at in Colorado was booked solid this year, so had to go to an alternate choice in the mountains - poerhaps the RV folks are choosing cabins this year. It is amazing to me how many new temporary plates I see on Interstate 70 here, from all over the country, on gas guzzlers. Is it because they can be bought for less than sticker price? And, how many ads are we seeing for the recently developed mega horsepower cars? Do they get good gas mileage? When are the hydrogen cars coming?

Reply by MonicaFL on 6/7/08 9:56am
Msg #250363

Funny you mentioned hydrogen cars - I actually saw one yesterday. The sticker on it identified it as a TEST CAR usins a hydrogen cell panel and only emits water. It was a Toyota Camry just like mine (only I am sure it was a new Camry). Just thought I would mention this.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/7/08 12:15am
Msg #250336

You are so right, plus a lot of signings are during the day when part time signers are at other full time jobs...full time loan signing agents will find more signings coming their way. Also, the esigning methodology is becoming more and more frequently, those with laptops, broadband wireless and internet savvy will be the new wave of professional loan signing agents/notaries. I see also that the landscape is changing for signing services. Those who are low pay, no pay, slow pay, like Docuservusa and others will disappear from the radar screen. Only the better services will survive this new lending world.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/7/08 12:47am
Msg #250339

No wants to be a notary in California!

We will probably have 30-40 thousand less notaries in CA for the year 2008 than we had in 2007. I teach for a notary school in CA.

The interest in Loan Signing as a career has all but disappeared.

I am located in the Inland Empire and it's the 3rd worst area in the United States for foreclosures and home sales and yet I am getting 5-6 calls a day.

It's all about marketing yourself and doing good work

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/7/08 4:22pm
Msg #250393

Re: No wants to be a notary in California!

I don't get any loan signing calls but I get a lot of calls for regular notary work. Just did one on Friday, traveled to a construction site and signed out of the back of a work truck. Was there 10 minutes, 3 notarizations plus my travel fee, got a nice check on the spot! Then there's an attorney's office just 2 minutes from my home. He calls often throughout the week, same two docs to notarize the signatures on, $20 each time.....cash on the spot and I'm there for 10 minutes max. Doing more and more split signings, not for loan docs, regular docs because hubby and wife work opposite schedules and cannot be in the same place at the same time to sign, I get nice travel fees for each place. Each appointment, 10 minutes and I'm gone. No invoice, immediate payment....love it, love it!!

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 6/7/08 6:33am
Msg #250352

It seems to be weeding out casual notaries here too

The ones who were taking those lowball fees as "extra pin money" or "after work at my regular job" seem to have slowed down or dropped out of the market completely around here. I'm noticing that some lowball companies are reluctantly calling back with the usual lie, "Well, I got that fee approved". You know darn well they were calling around trying to find someone willing to do it for $50 or $60 or $75 and couldn't. LOL

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/7/08 12:27pm
Msg #250380

It's sad when $50 won't fill my 14 gallon tank, paper is over $50 per case and a toner cartridge costs me $169. Sadder is when a part timer calls to ask to become a member of the network and tells me her atty. boss lets her print at work and is willing to let her work around signings. No thanks, you ARE part of the problem. UGH!

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/8/08 11:11am
Msg #250433

I wonder how the employers of people who 'print at work'

really would feel if they realized they were subsidizing not their employee, but a whole bunch of other businesses...the Lender, TC, SS.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.