Notary Rotary
Home Inspection
Notary Discussion History

Home Inspection
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by SilverPenny on 6/9/08 6:47am
Msg #250493

Home Inspection

Hi there I am new and I got a silly question. I am trying to figure what notary rotary ment by "Home Inspection" in the profile. Does it mean that notary will do visual inspection of the property or the notary will meet the borrower at their house or does it mean something else. Thank you in advance :-)

Reply by SilverPenny on 6/9/08 7:02am
Msg #250494

Never mind...figured it out by playing with the check box "Home Inspection","Inspection" and "Filed Service"...I think it ment the "visual inspection of the property" . Please correct me, if I am wrong - thank you :-)

Reply by Margaret_FL on 6/9/08 7:09am
Msg #250495

Some of us notaries do home inspections for banks like foreclosure inspections. There are also occupany inspections to let them know if they have moved out or not. There are also inspections for insurance companies ranging from drive-bys where you just take a picture of the exterior with no appointment needed or and interior/exterior where you need to call the borrower and make an appointment. Sometimes you are verifiying that repairs have been completed. You need some kind of experience in construction. There are inspections for banks where you verifiy the completion of work so the contractor can get his draw.

Reply by SilverPenny on 6/9/08 7:25am
Msg #250497

Thank you Margaret for your feedback. That was very informative :-)

Reply by SilverPenny on 6/9/08 7:28am
Msg #250500

Just second throught...do I need to take a class on that in order to qualify for it. Would you happen to have any info on that - thanks

Reply by Margaret_FL on 6/9/08 7:35am
Msg #250503

I was trained by the company that hired me. I went to Atlanta for foreclsoure training from HUD. I have also traveled to Texas for training also. You can check with your local HUD office, the training is free but you have to pay your travel expenses. The same with FEMA, the training is free. I also went to Washington, DC for a week's training.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 6/9/08 7:28am
Msg #250499

I have been doing all kinds of home inspections since 2001. I have also done commericial inspections that included apartment buildings. Most I do nto do anymore because they started offering ridiculous fees. The foreclosures still pay very well and have increased where closings have decreased. I even have FEMA training for disaster inspections since I live in Florida with all the hurricanes. I only do local and will not travel. They only pay a flat fee , they will pay to get you there and back but you have to pay for your hotel and rental car, gas, meals, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.