Notary Rotary
Hurry! Need Help fast!
Notary Discussion History

Hurry! Need Help fast!
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by SANDRA LEE on 6/9/08 11:42am
Msg #250518

Hurry! Need Help fast!

A company calls themselves United Recovery, Inc from Franklin, Tennessee and they are wanting me to notarize docs for a woman in a city near me here in CA. They sound fishy.
I can't find anything online about them. They call themselves "our people" when referring to contacts. They want a woman who is not an officer of her company to give them lots of personal information. I am supposed to receive a check in the mail today from them and the signing would be for tomorrow if it happens.

Reply by Vince/KS on 6/9/08 11:47am
Msg #250519

Does this help: http://www.unitedrecoveryinc.com/Recovery.asp

Have not done anything with/or for them.

Reply by SANDRA LEE on 6/9/08 11:53am
Msg #250523

Thank You. The address and phone numbers are the same so I called the signer and it's up to her to decide what she wants to do. You reassured me!

Reply by Regal/NC on 6/9/08 11:50am
Msg #250521

What's on your confirmation------

if the contact information is valid and my fee is listed, that's all the information I need.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/9/08 11:53am
Msg #250522

I have worked for them. They are good for the money, many times pay in front, some cases you bill them. I'd take all I could get.

Reply by SANDRA LEE on 6/9/08 11:54am
Msg #250524

Great!

Reply by Gary_CA on 6/9/08 12:06pm
Msg #250528

Doesn't smell fishy at all, unless...

A company in Tennesse needs something notarized in CA, so they call a CA notary.

A company doing a financial transaction needs personal and financial data.

Nothing smells fishy to me...

UNLESS the signing happens to be in Moro Bay, then everything smells fishy.

Quit worrying, go stamp.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/9/08 12:22pm
Msg #250531

Re: Doesn't smell fishy at all, unless...

This company is NOT a SS. They are as their name implies. I have worked for them for years. These are affidavits that they need signed. Many times the affiant has the documents, sometimes they overnignt the docs to you, with your fee INCLUDED. (yes, the pay in front!)If not, just bill them. Great people to work with.

Reply by Sarah/CA on 6/9/08 12:23pm
Msg #250532

I have done a few of them and they do usually pay upfront which is very nice. I have never had any problems with them at all. They are a very good company and helpful if you need it.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/08 1:00pm
Msg #250541

Re: Hurry! Need Help fast! - Good company for me.

I like working for them.

This is not about land/title or loan. It is asset recovery.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 6/9/08 1:24pm
Msg #250546

My brother, Eric, went to Job Corps located here in

Ayer (well, technically, Devens) Massachusetts. He really enjoyed it and it was really good for him.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/9/08 1:56pm
Msg #250550

Korey - methinks you are replying to the thread in Leisure:) n/m

Reply by brengreen/ca on 6/9/08 3:02pm
Msg #250562

i did work for them

they send a check with the package

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 6/10/08 12:50am
Msg #250612

I have worked for United Recovery for years. They pay well, they send a check with the signing package, and they are one of the better companies I work for.

I have to say, though, that if I were with United, and I read your desperation post >>on a public forum<< questioning the company's integrity, saying their business sounds fishy, noting "they call themselves 'our people' when referring to contacts" (boy, I'm really hard-pressed to see what's wrong with that), I don't think I would come to you for future notarizations. In fact, I think I would withdraw the existing assignment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.