Notary Rotary
I am getting calls for deed only signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Alice/MD on 6/16/08 3:28pm
Msg #251506

What is up with the request from TC to get deed only notarized? I have been getting these calls and nothing else. Is this something new? I have not accepted one yet. My fee would be the same as a full signing.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/16/08 3:38pm
Msg #251509

They are trying to correct a title issue. Either they are adding a spouse, changing a name, etc. and trying to make the deed and loan docs match up. I just did one for a loan that should have closed in Sept. 2007. Actually, it disbursed, old loans paid off, but BO has no idea that the new mtg has not been recorded yet.

What really irks me, is in NC, it is illegal to disburse funds prior to recording the mtg., and it seems that not one no one complies any longer!

Reply by DebbieT on 6/16/08 4:05pm
Msg #251513

Same here. Had to go out and get a mortgage signed from last year. The mortgage never got recorded.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/16/08 4:10pm
Msg #251514

My fee would be the same as a full signing.

Don't bite your nose off to spite your face.
Locally I get $50 for these, a little more in secondary counties.
5 minutes or less for the work should not warrant a full fee.
BTW, this is one of those assignments I will accept for that fee.

Reply by PA_NOTARY on 6/16/08 4:50pm
Msg #251524

Re: My fee would be the same as a full signing.

I just got 2 from earlier this year. Charged 1/2 my reg fee....

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 6/16/08 4:55pm
Msg #251525

why would you charge full fee?

I dont get it, unless your in a remote area, that does not make sense?
what am i missing?

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/16/08 6:12pm
Msg #251542

I would charge full fee also because, in my opinion, the

main "work" involved in these signings is making arrangements with the borrower to meet them at a particular time and place and working it into your schedule. Getting there, sitting down, and signing are essentially the same effort-wise and time-wise whether you are signing one page or 30 pages, in my opinion.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/16/08 6:18pm
Msg #251544

I disagree...can't charge full fee for partial job

I charge half-fee, maybe a bit more if substantial mileage or excessively large packages, for no-signs...the HUD comes out first for me, then the Note...so I usually know pretty early on if it's going to go or not. JMHO

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/16/08 6:19pm
Msg #251545

I'm sorry...senior moment - had the posts mixed up

but I still wouldn't charge my full signing fee for a deed-only or mortgage-only signing...MHO

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/16/08 7:02pm
Msg #251551

I always go over HUD and note first also - smart! n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/16/08 8:14pm
Msg #251561

Re: I always go over HUD and note first also - smart! What

am I missing? I thought the original post is to notarize the deed only? Why would the HUD and note be sent with that? I'm assuming that there was some type of error made with the original deed and this is a correction of some sort and that the signers kinow all the particulars.

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/16/08 8:28pm
Msg #251562

Hehe you didn't read all the posts above. Linda mis-posted

and I was just responding to what she had said. It didn't really have anything to do with the specific original post.

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/16/08 8:11pm
Msg #251560

Wow! That's tough, I wouldn't

charge for a full fee. I would charge my normal notary fee of $10 and a travel charge of $40.00 and that would cover it for time and travel. But full fee? All you have to notarize is one document, unless I'm missing something here.

Reply by Alice/MD on 6/17/08 4:48am
Msg #251603

Re: Wow! That's tough, I wouldn't

Most of the calls for deed only is due to mistakes made by the cheap deal they got from another notary after they turned me down for $25 more.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.