Notary Rotary
I said something funny?????????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by John_NorCal on 6/26/08 6:50pm
Msg #253182

Got a call from Lenders First Choice this afternoon wanting to know if I was available for a signing here in town on Saturday. I told them I was then asked what they were authorized to pay. After she snickered she said it was a single loan, e-docs, no fax backs and they could pay $90.00. I told her I couldn't do that and she hung up. Oh well, I have a test coming up so I think that is time better spent than working for nothing. Sad thing is someone else will take it.

Reply by Alice/MD on 6/26/08 7:28pm
Msg #253186

You are singing my song and yes....someone took it at $90. Do well on your test. The sad things is some of my same clients keep calling thinking I will break down and lower my price.
They know my price and they have paid it in the past.

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/26/08 8:42pm
Msg #253201

Just heard on the news

to expect $7.00 gas within 2 years. All the more reason to refuse these ridiculously low fees.

Reply by Cari on 6/26/08 8:48pm
Msg #253203

also heard, home sales were on the rise...slowly...

so, more work to come and I hope soon...barely staying afloat in IL....sorry, no pun intended for those suffering with the floods...so sorry...:/

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/26/08 8:52pm
Msg #253204

If that truly does happen, you could see a different

type of turnaround - no more courtesy/remote signings as the companies won't want to pay the SA's to cover the increase ....borrowers will be told they have to go to a local branch of the lender or title company or seek an attorney...OR *ALL* packages will be sent to borrowers with instructions to "find a notary" or "take this to your attorney"....

Just a hypothetical...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/26/08 8:54pm
Msg #253205

That last post was in response to John NorCal..:) n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/26/08 10:20pm
Msg #253216

Re: If that truly does happen, you could see a different

Actually the "closings" that I have had where someone came to me for the notary work were great. The notarizations far exceeded what signing services or title companies paid and I wasn't obligated to do more than notarize. But in view of what I was making for the notary work, I pretty much treated it like a regular signing. I'll take those anytime!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/27/08 8:37am
Msg #253230

You and me both, John....if I could charge by the number of notarizations in the package rather than a flat rate I'd have it made....companies should realize that too - at $125 - $150/package all inclusive, it's sometimes a 50% discount or better compared to if they were to pay per notarization...plus print....plus travel...plus time....plus..plus..plus...

Reply by MW/VA on 6/27/08 9:45am
Msg #253254

Yes, I also see it might go that way. The push is on for more electronic signings. There are still a lot of gliches to that from a security standpoint. I still don't see an end to NSA work for some time to come. I live in a densely populated area, so "travel" isn't a huge issue. This is still profitable for me, and I'm not going to panic about the "what if's" for now. I feel for those in areas where they are paying lower fees & there is distance involved. For many reasons, the number of notaries still doing this business has diminished.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.