Notary Rotary
Is Nations Direct for real?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Louisiana33 on 6/17/08 11:45am
Msg #251642

I did a one page thing for them on Friday. They emailed me a package for me to complete asking for my TIN, etc. In the paperwork was something stating that their normal fee was $40 and if my fee exceeded that, please complete the forms. Surely, they are not talking about refis and such for $40? They did not specify what type of work they were paying $40 for.

Could this be true or is this a bad dream?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/17/08 11:55am
Msg #251646

Nope not a bad dream. Read previous posts on Nations Direct

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/17/08 12:01pm
Msg #251647

If you go to the sign up screen on their website you will see the following - check out the fees ($40 for notary signing agent, $90 for attorney) :

Dear Notary / Attorney,
You are about to Register with Nations Direct to be considered for work as an independent Signing Agent. Nations Direct will be asking for a lot of information. It is important for you to give us as much information as possible. This will enable us to know what area you sevice, and the services that you provide. Critical for each Signing Agent is to complete the territory section below. All information is downloaded to our software program so that possible assignments can be connected with your name.

Before continuing, please make sure you have a listing of all zip codes that you will cover, and the fees associated with them. You will need to enter them at the bottom of this form under the "Territory Section". Keep in mind our base fee of $40.00 for notaries and $90.00 for attorneys. Try to provide as many possible zip codes for this dollar amount. Feel free to include higher fees for further distances, as some appointments may warrant a higher fee, but please understand we will always attempt to locate someone for the base price first. Please visit www.getzips.com or www.zipfind.net to locate zip codes in your area. You will need to accurately provide these before submitting this form, as your application cannot be processed without them.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide all information requested!

Reply by jba/fl on 6/17/08 1:25pm
Msg #251653

Wouldn't even cover my entire zip - ROFLMAO! n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/17/08 1:27pm
Msg #251656

Re: Wouldn't even cover my entire zip - ROFLMAO!

Yup - I felt those fees were so ridiculous I felt I should have posted them in the "Leisure" forum so everyone could have a laugh.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/17/08 1:29pm
Msg #251657

Oops - bad English!

Arrghh my English teacher would kill me!
That should have been "I felt those fees were so ridiculous I should have posted them in the "Leisure" forum so everyone could have a laugh.

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/17/08 7:53pm
Msg #251720

They often pay more though, despite what the website says. n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/17/08 2:00pm
Msg #251665

6 zip codes in my town alone

Takes 25-40 minutes to get from one end to the other depending on the time of day.

Reply by christiSocal on 6/17/08 2:08pm
Msg #251667

Try to provide as many zips as poss for 40$

Well that would be just 1 and it would get 1 foot out of my door, if they wanted the rest of me to follow it would be a higher fee... Wink

Reply by Louisiana33 on 6/17/08 4:17pm
Msg #251698

I thought the lowest amount that they would pay was $50. I had no idea that they could pay any lower than $50.

Reply by Regal/NC on 6/17/08 2:10pm
Msg #251668

I have received $85 - $150 n/m

Reply by Dawn/PA on 6/17/08 3:25pm
Msg #251688

Re: I have received $85 - $150

They called me twice. I am waiting with baited breath for my approval.

Reply by Michael Alix on 7/17/08 3:29pm
Msg #255631

It's not just a bad dream its a nightmare.....yup their base is $ 40. Looks like I could stay home today instead for pouch of peanuts....lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.