Notary Rotary
Just Venting
Notary Discussion History

Just Venting
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Tonya Washington on 6/9/08 11:29am
Msg #250516

Just Venting

I got a call on Thurs for a closing at 6p on Fri. I thought great!! Early enough so that I can get the package and look over it. Fri came got package a 1p. Still thinking fabulous there is so much time for me to look over docs. Get to closing go over HUD with borrower and STOP! The borrower did not sign b/c he did not agree with the fees and was not told by his loan officer that he would not be getting back money. Could not get in contact with LO so apologized to me and left the closing (as we were at a coffee house). Argh!!! That's not all I called the SS after hours # and told them what happened. I'm thinking that this is over.....I thought wrong. I got an e-mail Saturday morning asking me the status of the loan and a received another phone call today asking me what was the issue. I've already lost money on this deal and now I have to answer the same questions over and over. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Reply by Regal/NC on 6/9/08 11:47am
Msg #250520

Review number B4 printing

How about inquiring from the borrower if they have received the final numbers prior to printing the package? It only thats five minutes to review prior to printing anything.

JMHO!!

Reply by PAW on 6/9/08 1:23pm
Msg #250545

Re: Review number B4 printing

Do you mean to call the borrower and review the HUD over the phone with whoever answers the phone?

If you do, how do you know to whom you are talking? You should never review any details until you have positively identified the persons. And just because the LO or CA do it, doesn't make it right.

Reply by Tonya Washington on 6/9/08 12:06pm
Msg #250529

Thank you for the suggestion. One should never assume in situations like these.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/9/08 5:21pm
Msg #250576

If the borrower doesnt want to sign just put a sticky note saying that and tell the borrower what you are going to do..most of the time they will sign it if not note it. send package back without that page being sign you got all the other docs sign..

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.