Notary Rotary
MA notaries: workshop on presentment, honor/dishonor work
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Laura Vestanen on 6/30/08 9:42pm
Msg #253716

Mass notaries: if you want to learn about this type of notary work, send me a PM and I'll tell you about a 2-day workshop given in MA in August.

I don't get anything for sending along this info. I am posting this as a FYI for MA notaries only.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/1/08 6:51am
Msg #253735

Why not just post the information?

Usually I "get it"...but this time I don't.

I can understand not wanting to publicly share information about one's own area but I don't get it when you can't just post about the event.

I'm sure that Laura has a good reason for keeping this on the PM level, but "Why?" is hard to discern.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/1/08 7:22am
Msg #253740

Re: Why not just post the information?

This way she can provide a good database for her MA contacts. JMO

Reply by Laura Vestanen on 7/1/08 10:31am
Msg #253762

because....

There is no website for the seminar so I can't provide a url.

I only have a two page flyer pdf that I am willing to email to interested people in MA who pm me.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/1/08 1:04pm
Msg #253782

Re: because....

The following was posted to me Via PM.
What I have to say about this is at least I will post what I think publicly for all to see.
I have my opinion about the things you do and have made no bones about it.
I have never PM'd you saying what a nim-rod you are, or taken the time to tell you to go to Hell!

For the record Laura, for all to see Kiss my Broad Back-side!

Inbox Outbox Preferences New Message
Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008
To: Recipient Hidden

Subject: Re: Why not just post the information?

Hell with you.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/1/08 1:15pm
Msg #253786

Re: because....

Well, isn't that SPECIAL.

Reply by Laura Vestanen on 7/1/08 1:48pm
Msg #253791

Ok hecklers. You win. No more helpful posts from me. n/m

Reply by docs1954CA on 7/1/08 2:31pm
Msg #253798

Sure, that's what Tony said! n/m

Reply by MichiganAl on 7/1/08 3:39pm
Msg #253810

Re: Ok hecklers. You win. No more helpful posts from me.

Just post the vital information about it here. Type the name, address, phone number and dates for this workshop from the flyer. Then if someone wants to request additional info you can fax or e-mail the flyer. Not speaking about you in particular, but personally whenever I see someone who has helpful info but you have to p.m. or e-mail them to get it, I smell something else behind it. Call me cynical.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/1/08 6:07pm
Msg #253825

Can we quote you on this? Will this be as Hugh's mea culpa? n/m

Reply by MikeC/NY on 7/1/08 10:02pm
Msg #253862

I think what people are objecting to is the tease factor...

What it comes down to is simply this: either provide the information openly, or don't offer to provide it at all.

This is a public forum; this whole "pm me" stuff has no place here. If I had a nickel for every one of those "I just sent you a PM" messages I read, I wouldn't have to worry about how the business is declining...

I'm also not a big fan of the "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude; no one here is that important. You have some very useful information to share, Laura; share it or don't, that's your choice.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.