Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
MD TP's - suggestions for continuing ed?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by firegirl on 6/2/08 11:22am
Msg #249690

I have gotten some through MD land title. I am also looking into the home study courses. Has anyone done those? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply by Les_CO on 6/2/08 2:40pm
Msg #249715

Although she probably does not share my feelings about "xyz." If I were a MD NSA, I'd call Barbara Taylor, 443-429-5348. She comes highly recommended.

Reply by WDMD on 6/2/08 3:00pm
Msg #249725

"Although she probably does not share my feelings about "xyz." If I were a MD NSA, I'd call Barbara Taylor, 443-429-5348. She comes highly recommended."

Who is Barbara Taylor? Does she provide approved CPE courses for title producers? I've never heard of her.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/2/08 3:14pm
Msg #249728

I'm not advertising for anyone here, just trying to answer a question best I can. One way to find out would be to call.

Reply by WDMD on 6/2/08 3:31pm
Msg #249730

That would be advertising if you answered who this person is and how she is qualified to teach CPE classes for title producers?

Reply by Les_CO on 6/2/08 5:07pm
Msg #249740

She is a Notary Signing Agent in MD. She is well qualified, and has been doing this work for years. She has, or is involved with a MD notary network. She knows what she is doing, and has been highly recommended to me by people who's judgement I trust. If I wanted to know something about being a SA in MD she is who I'd ask.

Reply by WDMD on 6/2/08 5:21pm
Msg #249742

"If I wanted to know something about being a SA in MD she is who I'd ask."

I must of mis- understood firegirls original post. I thought she was asking who has good continuing education classes for TPLs. I did not realize she was asking who could teach her how to be a signing agent. I apologize.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/2/08 5:50pm
Msg #249750

I believe that Barbara as a Notary Signing Agent in MD with a TPL, and knowing many (TPL)licensed NAS in MD may just be able to give some worthwhle advice to the original poster.

I'm in CO and haven't a clue where she may find good continuing education material. I was Just trying to help.

What's the deal? Did I say something to upset you?

Reply by WDMD on 6/2/08 6:19pm
Msg #249753

"What's the deal? Did I say something to upset you?"

Apparently I mis-understood your post as well. I thought originally that you were giving the name of that person as someone who teaches TPL CPE courses. When you stated she was a SA, I thought well maybe I mis-understood firegirls post. I apologize again.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/2/08 7:01pm
Msg #249755

firegirl posted, with no response, and about 4 hours later I put in my 2 cents worth. I was just trying to help. I guess we all get misunderstood sometimes.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/2/08 7:14pm
Msg #249757

**I was just trying to help. I guess we all get misunderstood sometimes.**

I get misunderstood constantly. I've grown accustom to it...in fact, feel like something is missing when I say things clearly.

Reply by Traci/MD on 6/2/08 4:02pm
Msg #249734

http://capeschool.com/md_ins/md_ins_selfstudy.html

Cheap & Good. I take 8credits online & 8 credits in classroom.

Reply by firegirl on 6/2/08 7:52pm
Msg #249759

WDMD--

the lady Les is speaking of does give an approved licensing course and CEU's. I can give you her website or you can just google her name if you are interested.

A couple of notary friends of mine got licensed through her, she is in Balto. area. A little expensive IMO, but an option.

Reply by WDMD on 6/2/08 7:57pm
Msg #249760

Re: WDMD--

I do most of my continuing education through MLTA. I know they are expensive but I am a member and I like to support them. Anyone going on the cruise in July in Baltimore?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.