Notary Rotary
Magic Jack went south this morning...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 6/10/08 1:39pm
Msg #250687

I spend more than an hour with magic jack "customer service" and they did all kind of tests and at the end the magic thing pop up a message: Magic Jack Defective please contact support. When I was chatting with this girl from magic jack, as soon as I told her what the magic jack message was, she sent me to another website and that website never load, and she never responded me back. I guess I am out 50.00 dollar. I was so happy with it, I was able to fax with no problem. But now those faxes and calls a made in the past 2 or 3 months that I used came a little expensive. For now on, I DO NOT RECOMMEND MAGIC JACK. JMHO.

Reply by Elaine Sedlock on 6/10/08 1:56pm
Msg #250690

Sorry about your bad luck. Thanks for sharing though as I had been looking at this for whenever signings picked up around here. Had heard lots of good feedback on it and was recommending it to others. Keep us posted and good luck!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/10/08 2:04pm
Msg #250692

I've been very happy with Via Talk and Ring Central...

I've used both and recently closed out my Freedom Voice account to consolidate my phones with Ring Central. Re-porting my 800 number went very smoothly and took only 3 days. I get excellent customer service and I love having both a softFAX and a softPhone. As far as I'm concerned it doesn'g get much better. I get 10 voice mailboxes, custom answering, music and messages on hold (the messages on hold are a great way to introduce people to other products) and it works just as promised.

Reply by Ti/Ga on 6/10/08 4:12pm
Msg #250708

Yep mine went south as well. They keep telling me my replacement is on the way. Of course it has been since last week. I should have known something when a place that sells telecommunications devices and doesnt use one themselves for proper communication. But I fell into the FREE trap myself,I am without a phone and have been for four days OH and they said I need to put money on my debit card to pay for the card! I told her I was already charged and then she asked to see my bank statement. At this point I was appalled and asked her how did she propose to LOOK at my statement if they suposedly have no phone for anything else? then I asked her if she REALLY thought I would disclose my account information to her? So I wait with no phone. I dont recommend them at all......
I dont think English is their first language as they dont read what you type because they BEGIN with spitting out the ready made formulas.......good grief......

Reply by Theresa Higgins on 6/10/08 6:05pm
Msg #250722

Well I guess I just got taken because I just ordered mine on Saturday and it was shipped supposedly. I just tried to get a RMA to return it tommorrow when I pick it up at the post office and it said my order did not exist. But I got a notice its at the postoffice for pick up. I am really worried because they have my credit card number for billing. Think I'll get in touch with my bank now in case they try to stiff me for $40. Knew it was to good to be true. I have been trying Vonage with no luck.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/10/08 6:27pm
Msg #250725

I've been a customer for 7 months with

my original unit and everything is fine. I have friends in Europe who have been using it for 5 months and they are fine. Why don't you give it a try, before you throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.