Notary Rotary
Message Deleted
Notary Discussion History

Message Deleted
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 6/25/08 6:44pm
Msg #252958

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Advertising

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/26/08 5:05am
Msg #253005

Check out "Find A Notary" n/m

Reply by RickinVA on 6/26/08 7:04am
Msg #253008

Re: Check out "Find A Notary"

Seems some people don't think this is the place for "Notary Needed" posts.
With all due respect to the dissenters, I disagree! What place is better than
a Notary forum? I suspect that the people looking for a Notary have already
availed themselves of those websites that list Notaries and have had no luck
in finding someone. I have no problem with posting their needs here.

Just my 2 cents

Rick

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/26/08 7:33am
Msg #253010

My 2 cents...

If NR wants to allow it then they definitely should.

It's their website.

However, awhile back "the rule"was posted that it wasn't going to be allowed.

Either it is or it isn't.

If it is, IMHO, then people will push that to become: "Looking for notary to fill an opportunity in XXXX"...and the reality of that post is that there's a Ufirst or other MLM offering waiting for them. And, believe me, with the downturn in business, there are SSs and some SAs going into these type of "biz opps" and I have seen plenty of them in my email. They are busy pushing their "opportunies" and this will pour over onto this board.

I think even it was Alice (recent SS posting) who has posted about an MLM Ufirst-type opportunity on this board and didn't understand why it wasn't okayed.

This has been one of the "purest" work boards I have ever seen. It has not been allowed to fill up with garbage. If SSs are allowed to post work opportunities here...well, it's going to change because if one does it, then another will and there will be a big squabble about why this one can and this one can't.

But, it's NR's board...they can decide.

Reply by RickinVA on 6/26/08 7:46am
Msg #253011

Re: My 2 cents...

Brenda, I highly respect both you AND Sylvia, and I agree that most of us don't want the
board touting just any employment "opportunity" but it's my opinion that people looking
for a Notary for notarial work would expect to be able to find one here. Guess we'll see what Harry et al think.

Rick

Reply by Negrete on 6/26/08 8:03am
Msg #253013

I bet I couldn't post for a notary here.

I would bet a dollar to a dounut that Harry would NOT let me post for a notary here.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/26/08 8:13am
Msg #253017

Re: My 2 cents...

Overall, it's Harry's call. Just seems to me that SS posting a job is just an easy way for them to fill an assignment. Post, have 14 notaries respond, pick one. Once it starts, it'll be picked up by other SS. Hey, they could even start taking the lowest bid! Do you really want to sit a your computer all day hitting 'refresh' or scrolling down to see what you MIGHT have missed when you're not otherwise employed? Or do you want to be able to be reached via phone for new business as you're driving to an appointment?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/26/08 8:17am
Msg #253018

If SSs are allowed to post work opportunities here...

Then it will turn into a work opportunity board.
Solution? Maybe another forum attached to this one, for "work opportunities".
SS can pay a nominal fee to post job ops.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.