Notary Rotary
My Favorite TC has Closed Down
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by CopperheadVA on 6/17/08 6:23am
Msg #251606

Well, almost. Since I hadn't heard from them since late April, I e-mailed my contact at their office and her attorney boss answered, saying that my contact no longer works there and that very few are left in the office now. They almost exclusively did Countrywide loans and they paid extremely well, usually $200 per closing upon funding. Now that CW has switched to a select few national TC's, this TC says their business is down by 95%.

I know that they should not have had all their eggs in one basket, but I am really bummed because I loved working with them!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/17/08 9:09am
Msg #251618

I am seeing alot of that too....and some of my favorites have given up their offices and staff, and are now working as a one-man/woman office from a home.
Shoot, one of them has downsized so much, they are having their skeleton staff work from home as well.
That's one of the reasons why I get frustrated with the attitudes that some of these signing agencies seem to have: with their staff of 4+, still working from their glamourous office locations, taking the lion's share of the fees, and offering miniscule fees to the agent. Take it from the TC's......DOWNSIZE and stay afloat.

Reply by Negrete on 6/17/08 10:01am
Msg #251622

I refuse to open a Glamourous Office Location

I gotta tell you Misty, that is why I have never had a glamourous office location. I refuse to spend my monies on that garbage.

I have always run my company right out of my home office.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

www.sign-america.com

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/17/08 10:13am
Msg #251626

Re: I refuse to open a Glamourous Office Location

And I am sure that is one of the reasons why you and Chantelle are still in business.
I gave up my paid office (never glamorous, sorry to say, lol) awhile back.
At one time I actually had clients come in to see me, and I could justify the expense.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/17/08 10:18am
Msg #251628

We have an office in downtown Raleigh.

Nothing fancy, and is rather messy right now. But my business partner has had the office for 17 years, and you would not believe the rent, almost nothing. It is worth the XX I pay a month, to get out of the house. I get so much more done when I'm there sitting at a desk.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/17/08 10:23am
Msg #251630

Re: I refuse to open a Glamourous Office Location - Me too:) n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/17/08 11:22am
Msg #251637

Our small town has a beautiful Visitor Center with

conference rooms. I occasionally use one for closings if I don't feel comfortable with them coming to my home. Doesn't happen often, but its nice to have another place to go other than McDonalds etc. Our visitor center is run and maintained by our Chamber of Commerce. I donate to the Chamber every year in return for use of the room.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.