Notary Rotary
NR's search feature.
Notary Discussion History

NR's search feature.
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by NCLisa on 6/1/08 10:58pm
Msg #249660

NR's search feature.

I really hate this sites search feature. I want to do a search of something that was posted about 2 weeks ago, but word searches bring up nothing before the last day of April. I hate that it does that, not instead of searching, I get to go back page by page by page.

If you search by name though, it pulls up info from the last month. I really don't understand why it works this way, it is very annoying.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 6/2/08 2:00pm
Msg #249705

It works that way because I am either lazy or forgetful. Frown

The search feature is driven by indexes that must be rebuilt to incorporate new posts. At this time, I start that process manually. The last time I did that was around April 30th, which is why recent posts were not showing up in Search. I just rebuilt the indexes, so it should be current. I will look into automatic scheduling of this task.

Harry
Notary Rotary

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/2/08 2:47pm
Msg #249719

Harry- that would be great! Alot of us depend on this site to do a quick search before accepting work from a "new" company- it is very fustrating to not find data...and then 40 days later when you haven't been paid, all of a sudden a search will reveal a post or two, back at the time you first looked. This has happened to me more than once.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/2/08 8:16pm
Msg #249763

Thank you Harry! That would be great!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.