Notary Rotary
Name your price and we'll pay it!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by NCLisa on 6/30/08 8:21pm
Msg #253711

Is what LandAmerica said to me this evening. I get a frantic call from a scheduler at 5pm begging me to do a closing locally. I quote my price and she says she'll have to get back to me. 46 minutes later, I get a call from a supervisor at LandAm saying that they'll pay my price for the closing in Ramseur, I asked where that was, as I was told local, and that wasn't. She said its in Randolph county, and if you will go there tonight, we will pay whatever your fee is. I name my fee for 120 miles round trip, and they AGREE! Get a call later that they weren't getting docs tonight, but they will call me to do the closing in the next couple days as they can't find NSA's in that area anymore.

Reply by WDMD on 7/1/08 5:37am
Msg #253730

Yeah they tried that game with me before. I name my price and then get a confirmation with a fee for $75. I call them and they say they cannot put more than $100 as a fee on a confirmation and assure me two additional confirmations were coming showing the difference. They never showed up so I refused the signing.

The next day someone else from LandAm calls wanting to know if I completed the signing. I explained that I never received a confirmation of my negotiated fee. She swore they had sent them and that I had received the additional confirmations. After trying for several minutes trying to get her to understand I had not received the additional confirmations I finally blew up.

I asked her is she really this dense or just trying to get me to go back out without the correct fee, so they could claim that was what I had agreed to later. I had not heard from them again until last week when they tried to lowball, then gave me the "let me get that approved" joke.

Reply by NCLisa on 7/1/08 7:56am
Msg #253743

The Confirmation had the correct fee. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.