Notary Rotary
Need some feedback.
Notary Discussion History

Need some feedback.
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Negrete on 6/13/08 8:54pm
Msg #251246

Need some feedback.

OK so I know I may get blasted for this but here goes anyways.

I know that I have said in the past that I had new accts coming and noting ever developed.
I am hoping this time it comes through.

What would you charge for 35 pages of e-docs with-in 20 miles and yes you have to print a copy for the borrower also, and NO fax backs.

Looking for serious answers if that can happen.

Anthony J Negete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/13/08 9:09pm
Msg #251247

I negotiate my fee based on the type of signing and distance to travel, not the number of pages. How many notarizations would be in these 35 pages?

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/13/08 9:12pm
Msg #251248

$190 (attorney state) n/m

Reply by Calnotary on 6/13/08 9:12pm
Msg #251249

I did one Yesterday, it was the seller docs, only one notarization and around 35-40 pages for 100.00 dollars.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/13/08 9:29pm
Msg #251250

That's like a modification IMO, and I would accept $75 from an agency.

Reply by claudine osborne on 6/13/08 9:43pm
Msg #251251

Hi Tony,

This is a serious reply..no blasting from me!!

I would charge $ 75.00 also! Hope this works out well for all of us..Can't wait to hear from you again! Good luck!

Reply by MW/VA on 6/14/08 12:22pm
Msg #251319

Same here--even though my minimum fee is $100, I typically do these for $75.

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 6/13/08 10:12pm
Msg #251254

I don't think the number of pages makes a big difference. you still have to alot the time (possibly turning down other appointments) and there is always a chance that the closing goes longer than you expect. I would charge 100.00 for the signing in the area I live in 20 mile could take up to 45 min to a hour travel time each way

Reply by Tish/CA on 6/13/08 11:26pm
Msg #251262

Hi Tony,
I'd also charge $100 for the signing. As I've stated to many clients before, it's not the mileage that necessarily matters, it's the time it takes me to get from door to door. I reside in a very mountainous area and I have to always factor in the cost of gas. However, if I'm signing within a few miles of my home than I could see a $75 fee workable. Hope it all works out for you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/13/08 11:42pm
Msg #251263

Just as every business knows the cost/benefit of its

anaysis for pricing, My Mobile Notary Signing Agent Business cannot afford to turn the key in the MobilizerBunny for less than $50. Everything else is over that base fee for starting my car.

Print fees are not based upon number of pages per assignment, rather upon annual budget cost/benefit analysis. In other words, my print fees are calculated by comparing annual email job income, with annual paper, toner, printer upkeep, energy, recycling, shredding costs, coupled with projections for cost increases.

Email docs, for me, are getting more expensive. I suspect that is true across the board.

As are all expenses. including the need to raise the Bottom Line for everyone.

So goes the illustration of the tricklie-down of effect the Corporate Bottom Line. The balance between fast-rising prices and the ability/resolve to plan for costs.

Printing, transportation, taxes, other professional expenses, plus the myriad internal costs of running a business, must be proportionate to income to still realize a profit - the reason for being in business.

A leading downturn in volume is demand. The reality is that fewer loans mean fewer dollars. Volume is volitle. Basic expenses are rising fast, debt is high. Interest and accompanying fees are a huge expense. Cost of the status quo is rising. Taxes are disproportionate; the rich pay less, the poor and middle-class pay more. Infrastructures are deteriorating, escalating costs.

Anyway, Tony, realistic pricing for quality work is your best bet in projecting costs, IMHO.

So, to answer your question, printing fees are, for me, are a minimum of $35 and up range. Today. Just as gas prices rise every day or so, all of the encumbant costs must rise in proportion, so I must adjust prices to address rising costs, or I am out of business.

Reply by hp/MD on 6/14/08 7:35am
Msg #251284

I would not leave my house for less than $100 no matter how pages or how far.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/14/08 7:51am
Msg #251285

$75 to $100 depending on how far it was. Some 20 mile distances can take over an hour with lights and traffic, others take no time as they are so very rural but nowhere near anything else.

Reply by JanetLA on 6/14/08 7:58am
Msg #251286

$75-$100 in Louisiana

The traffic in Baton Rouge since Katrina is a nightmare. Mapquest says 15 minutes, but it can take an hour... We typically get $50 for a medical affadavit that we don't have to print... just a drive to a doctor's office. In any case, interesting question Tony.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/14/08 8:38am
Msg #251288

35 pages/70 pages not much real time difference. Mileage/time, The time of day (rush hour) is the important factor here, and direction,(mountains) and season.(winter) Also the type of documents. But if it was summer at noon and across the street $100. otherwise $125
Good luck!

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/14/08 8:50am
Msg #251289

35 pages plus a copy, childcare, gas... $100 n/m

Reply by sue_pa on 6/14/08 9:53am
Msg #251299

I've done 2 of the 28ish page home improvement loans for you in the past few weeks. She wants to pay $75 - she agrees to my $100. Respectively, they've been 26 minutes/14 miles and 28 minutes/13 miles - each way. That equates to $8 in gas for each. I use a general 30% for taxes. That gives me a bottom line of $32 an hour on the first order because the borrowers signed away. The second order was $25 an hour because they read each and every word on the papers (thank goodness it wasn't a 150+ page fha or I'd have gone bonkers).

Anyway, $32 and/or $25 an hour for a business to earn is nothing. That must take into consideration my equipment, my time, my wear and tear on my vehicle (oil change monthly, tires rotated monthly and replaced annually, new car every 4 years due to excessive mileage), my insurance (vehicle, health, disability, e&o - even a tad extra on my HO because I have a home based business), my retirement, sick days/vacation/holiday pay. Now we have to set something aside because if I lose my job there is no unemployment for the self employed in PA. I am a business so I need some profit. I've got to add in some time for the other hats I wear - marketing and accounting vp being the two big ones.

I actually made a little more than I said here because I do work on volume and both these orders didn't have the drive time involved if they had been my only order - I piggy backed 2 on the first and 3 orders on the second. Bottom line, I do not see how anyone can complete any e-doc order for less than $100.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/14/08 10:07am
Msg #251302

70 pages to print, 30 minutes drive time one way (around here) = 1 hour on the road plus additional time to get to courier dropoff spot (as I will not use drop boxes around here) 20 miles one way = 40 miles rt could turn into 70 miles depending on proximity to courier dropoff spot...plus time at table (reader vs. non-reader) - MINIMUM $100 - maybe $125 if farther distance...

I'd do it for $75 only if signer came to me or met me real close to my home...MHO

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 6/14/08 2:41pm
Msg #251342

Have done tons of these (for someone else) @ $100 overnight /$120 e-docs

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.