Notary Rotary
Need to get paid
Notary Discussion History

Need to get paid
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by vernell Charles on 6/19/08 8:40pm
Msg #252149

Need to get paid

Does anyone have any suggestions on the fastest way to report companies who don't pay? Who to make the reports to and the process. I need some help, I need to get paid....

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/19/08 8:41pm
Msg #252151

go to search and type in collections

for some great ideas and collection letters

Reply by MW/VA on 6/19/08 8:51pm
Msg #252153

sent a p/m

Reply by KKinNoCal on 6/20/08 12:44am
Msg #252174

I have two words for you "Small Claims" works 95% of the time.

Reply by LauriecPA on 6/20/08 1:16pm
Msg #252279

Re: Need to get paid/ A question about small claims

I am going to Small claims on Mon. to pick up the paperwork for Sunset in IN.
What all do we need to have when we go to "court"? It's hard to track them down for an owner's name and such. (They don't believe in answering emails or phone calls, unless the LO calls them for me. Then they tell him they've sent me 3 checks already. Funny how all my other mail arrives, except their checks.)

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/20/08 5:30pm
Msg #252314

Does a PA small claims court have jurisdiction over a company in IN? I have no idea what the PA laws are, but you might want to check this out before possibly wasting your time.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/08 8:18pm
Msg #252345

Look online - Google Pennsylvania Small Claims Court for starters. There should be information on the court website regarding small claims actions. Look for info on how to determine where to bring suit. It will tell you the proper "venue" or "jurisdiction" for your claim. It should also tell you what's required, like you may need to prove you gave them notice of the outstanding amount due - a demand letter sent certified mail, return receipt requested. The entire process may be very different from the norm for you considering you're dealing with an out-of-state company (foreign corporation) so read the instructions carefully.

You'll need to research info on the company, too. Check the corporations department at the SOS office in the state where the company is located. If they're a corporation or LLC, they should have a registered agent or agent for service of process who is the one you'll serve the initial court papers on. Improper service will kill your suit so be very careful.

I have one right now where the company shut down on me last month owing me for a signing. My certified letters went out to the company owner, her registered agent, and the title company. I also know she owns her house. Maybe she'll read this and send me my $130....but if she doesn't, I'll file my suit and hit her for the outstanding invoice, all costs of collection and statutory interest and/or late fees. This is the first time I've had to do this...and I'm not having fun yet.

Good Luck!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/08 9:49pm
Msg #252370

One more thing...

Like I haven't said enough already...<G>...

I got a copy of the recorded mortgage...so I know the loan funded, the loan recorded, and it was MY mortgage and notarization that got recorded - they can't tell me they had to send someone else out....Smile

Reply by LauriecPA on 6/20/08 10:16pm
Msg #252375

Re: One more thing...

Thanks for the advice! I went to the IN SOS page and the owner's name isn't listed for Sunset. I bookmarked the page for Monday and maybe I'll give them a call. (The SOS)

I know the loan funded b/c I have been in touch with both the LO and the title co. many times. The title co. said they were paid in April. (Sunset) and the LO said the loan went through the first time I called him.

Isn't this a pita? It's so slow and then the jobs we get we have to fight tooth and nail to get paid for. I could only find comments on the Sunset in CA, when I accepted the job. Since then I've done a more thorough search and saw a few negatives for this one in IN. The woman seemed so nice, too when she called. Offered to pay more than I stated. No wonder, since she never planned on paying anything to begin with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.