Notary Rotary
Notary Exam in Ventura county CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Simone E. Lewis on 6/18/08 7:11pm
Msg #251922

I have been trying to contact CPS @( http://www.cps.ca.gov/TakeATest/Notary/files/Jan-June2008.pdf) to retake the CA notary Exam in June/July 2008. Their schedule does not offer any site for Ventura or Santa Barbara County. I was wondering if anyone would have any location and shedule to take the Exam. I used to go to Ventura College but I have not been able to find any information there either. Thanks for any info.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/18/08 10:47pm
Msg #251957

What company did you get your "Proof of Completion from?

That company will tell you when they are offering the test after one of their classes.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/19/08 1:06am
Msg #251971

Hi, Simone, there is a class at the Santa Barbara Association of Realtors on June 30, 2008, 8:30 to 5pm, and there will be live scan and passport photo service available if you wish to participate.

Test is administered at 4pm

Contact Gina Graham at [e-mail address] or me.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 6/19/08 1:14am
Msg #251973

I did take the test and the Proof of Completion from Notary Rotary. I do not need another class. I can get passport photo and Live scan in Oxnard. Thank you both for your answer.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/19/08 9:31am
Msg #251991

Simone, you don't have to retake the class, just take the test at our site, 4:00pm at Santa Barbara Association of Realtors. You should make sure that wherever you take the exam, your passport and livescan application request are attached so they all go in together. The SOS is short staffed due to budget cuts and fewer headcount...it's taking six months to renew commissions these days as a result. The DOJ is really backed up with live scan requests.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 6/19/08 12:51pm
Msg #252027

Cheryl, sorry I didn't recognize you. If I take the test in Santa Barbara, will my Commision state the principal place of business in the county of Ventura as I would like to record the Bond in Ventura.

If this is so, then I will driving the 45 minutes to Anacapa Street since it is for the end of the month. I did find another one at the end of July in Oxnard. I just want to get it over as it is fresh in my mind. I do have my live scan application ready and will get passport photo on Monday. My present commission will expire on 12-10-2008
PS. I will call you for reservation

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.