Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
OT: I am buying a new refrig this weekend .. any favs?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by ZeeCA on 6/11/08 9:42pm
Msg #250940

I bought a whirlpool side by side 6 months ago... total lemon... Lowes is taking it back and replacing it w/ another....whirlpool/maytag did NADA but send out an army of repairmen daily...so...any suggestions for a reliable one? Not picky.. want it to make ice (this one doesn't work) keep food cold and not freeze produce... this one it is either that or warm food/crisp produce..... so frustrating

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 9:46pm
Msg #250942

Sub-zero, 'nuff said! www.subzero.com n/m

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/11/08 10:18pm
Msg #250943

would love a sub zero but until i remodel my k... won't fit n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 11:15pm
Msg #250953

Sub zero and Wolf, worth knocking a wall out for, I did!

Actually I designed my kitchen around them.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/11/08 11:50pm
Msg #250959

Re: Sub zero and Wolf, worth knocking a wall out for, I did!

i am remodeling my K and 3rd bathroom when I refinance... only been here 2 years but BIG house w/ a pretty small kitchen... a sub would take up half the K lol

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/11/08 10:21pm
Msg #250944

We have a GE Profile we bought over 10 years ago and it still works fine. Never had a repairman out to it.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/12/08 3:07am
Msg #250965

About 8 or 10 years ago, I bought a Kenmore that has been a workhorse. What I especially love is the freezer drawer on the bottom, instead of on the side. It gives me much more freezer space, proportionate to the size of the whole refrigerator, and I prefer that for my needs. And it's much easier on my back getting things in and out. Not everyone agrees with me, saying the bottom freezer is harder to organize, but I love it.

BTW, a friend of mine had a similar one that, instead of a pull-out drawer for the freezer, had a swing out (to the side) door on the bottom. (The inside may have had pull-out drawers.) She hated it because she had to sit on the floor to get at everything, where I access from the top. I bought it at Sears only because I got a good deal and I've had good luck with my Kenmore washer and dryer. I think the one my friend had was an Amana -- they might be the company that makes the Kenmore models for Sears, but that was a long time ago... Wink

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/12/08 8:28am
Msg #250982

Zee- I was told by my repairman to NOT buy anything

manufactured by LG. Ask who the manufacture is. It may say Amana, Kenmore on the outside but ASK who manufactured it. LG is from what I am told very hard to get parts for and any repairs will cost you big bucks.

Reply by Mamie on 6/12/08 9:16pm
Msg #251124

I also bought a freezer bottom maybe 15 years ago from Sears. Not a drop of trouble with it. I love it.

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 6/12/08 9:57am
Msg #250997

I bought a Fridgidare 2 years ago and the repair man has been out 2x in the last 6 months each time susposedly fixing it. Today I had to rearrange my schedule for yet another visit today I don't understand the one I had before this one I bought used and it was 20 years old at least. The only reason I got a new one was I remod. My kitchen so I suggest you do your research check as many customer complaints as you can and always buy the warranty it has saved me hundreds of $$$

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/12/08 10:11am
Msg #250999

I have a Kenmore side-by-side with the ice/water dispenser on the door - 2 years old, no problems at all - we took the extended warranty as we do for all large purchases but so far only one issue was one of the door trays broke off - they replaced it immediately, no cost. That's the only issue we've had with it so far.

Good Luck!!

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 6/12/08 10:52am
Msg #251015

Just read yesterday that a freezer on the bottom. . .

. . .is the most efficient, side-by-side least.

I loved my side-by-side in the other house, but bought a bottom freezer when I moved.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.