OT, sorta...Kudos to Becca/FL
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by MistarellaFL on 6/29/08 2:52pm
Msg #253629

I just looked at her site, http://foreclosedpets.com/default.aspx
It is full of resources for people who are being foreclosed upon and can't take their pets, including no-kill shelters, breed rescue groups and more! I am so impressed!
Thanks Becca, from all of us pet-lovers.

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/29/08 9:59pm
Msg #253650

Thanks, Misty. This should be on the leisure forum, but

I have not had near the time I wish I'd had to devote to this site. I spent the past month learning my new merchandising jobs, doing closings and doing weddings.

Since you put it out there, If anyone is interested in compiling a list of shelters (preferably no kill) in their state, please email it to me and I will input the information as soon as I possibly can. I'm still hearing stories of Realtors finding dead and ailing animals in homes and this just has to stop. I know most shelters are brimming with animals right now and just don't have room. You can still make a difference. Can you foster a pet for a couple of months while the pet owners find a new place? Can you sponsor a pet in a shelter for $25 per month? There are many things that anyone of us could do to help and if you can help, I hope you will.

It's gotten so bad around here that I am thinking of fostering some cats on the back porch even though my SO is allergic...there is just no room for abandoned pets here. All of our resources are tapped out and shelters are full beyond capacity. Think about fostering if you have the space. It is very rewarding. I want to give kudos to Brit/FL who just brought in a German Sheppard foster to her brood. Brit and her SO go above and beyond for our four legged friends. Thank you Brit and thank you Krystall for taking on the large breeds that many don't have the time for.

If you have the space and could possibly help someone with no option, please think about becoming a foster parent to a pet in transition.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/30/08 11:53am
Msg #253664

Re: Thanks, Misty. This should be on the leisure forum, but

My Ginger is a rescue, we have had her almost 10 years now. We rescued three at the same time, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger. Ginger is the last surviving one of the three. I have had many foster dachshunds over the years (problem is we have usually ended up keeping them LOL)
But it is rewarding. Knowing you have been responsible for giving these babies a better life.

Kudos to Becca for her efforts for these babies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.