Notary Rotary
Oil now trading at $133.00 per barrel, expected to reach
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by John_NorCal on 6/6/08 9:03am
Msg #250210

$156.00 by July! Any guess on where gas will be by summers end? I say $6.00 a gallon, right now it's at $4.45. Seems like we get shafted each and every hour of everyday!

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 6/6/08 9:10am
Msg #250211

I'm ready to go out and buy a moped - it's getting ridiculous.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/6/08 10:21am
Msg #250225

Got to tell you all this one!

Police pull over a pick up truck on I-95 in Palm Bay the other day. It was "wobbling in and out of traffic lanes" The driver had about 100 gallons of gas in a makeshift tank in the back of the truck. It looked like it was set up to siphon off gas. The driver told the police he uses the tank to buy gas in Miami where he believed it was cheaper.

Hmm how much cheaper could it be to warrant driving the truck from Cocoa to Miami to fill up?
(It is about a 4 hour drive)

Reply by Rachel_NJ on 6/6/08 9:35am
Msg #250213

$ 4.00 gas, $60 Edocs, 50 miles one way... Wow what a

win/win/win for me, let me get myself dressed and earn a negative income.

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/6/08 9:42am
Msg #250214

Don't get me going.. Oil hit a high of 136 a barrel over the holiday since then it has been a yo-yo as low as 121 barrel. Did gas prices go back down? Noooooo Gas companies said they need to make money. Gas has gone up while oil is down. 3.81/reg over the holiday and has been as high as 3.97/gallon. Today I can get it for 3.75 (thank the lord a break in the price.. whoo hoo)

Wall St speculators have driven the price of oil through the roof - because of them you pay a 30-40% increase on oil. Last month gas consumpution was down in the US by almost 2% or Inventories are up we have been using less gas and we get most of our oil from Canada and Mexico. Corporate greed... This bubble should burst soon, even opec said oil should be in the mid 70/barrel.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 6/6/08 9:50am
Msg #250216

I hope it's not $6 a gallon by summer's end! In November we plan on driving from San Diego to Houston, TX, Branson, MO and back - that can be really expensive!

Not only is gas getting higher and higher, so is food! Soon we'll all be really healthy as we are forced to grow our own foods and walk or pedal everywhere!

Reply by kathy/ca on 6/6/08 9:54am
Msg #250218

Where is our president, our congress, the people we USED to

THINK we could count on?! I live in a much different world than I did even 20 years ago, things really used to make sense back then. Or is it just me, has age made me skeptical?

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/6/08 9:57am
Msg #250219

Went out to eat last night - Food getting hit hard too

Same place we go to once a week or so and the prices went up almost 10% in the last 2 weeks.

There was an article on MSN - What if gas were 10/gallon, you should look it up and read it.

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/6/08 10:02am
Msg #250221

Have you noticed at the supermarket...

Where a half gallon of ice cream shrank to 1.75 quarts it is now 1.5 quarts. The buy one get one free sales have become buy 2 get one free.

Reply by Loretta on 6/6/08 10:06am
Msg #250223

Re: Have you noticed at the supermarket...

It's probably going to get worse. Me and the kids will all have go to Wal-Mart with baskets on them. ha ha
I use to just nod at the people that are "going green" and now I understand why. We all need to make some changes in the way spoiled Americans think and spend.

Reply by PAW on 6/6/08 1:48pm
Msg #250274

Milk: Yesterday $3.76/gal ... Today $3.92/gal

Same store, same milk.

Reply by aatatusko on 6/6/08 10:05am
Msg #250222

from today's Wash Post op page

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/05/AR2008060503434.html

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/6/08 3:37pm
Msg #250288

Re: from today's Wash Post op page

Interesting article. I heard on the radio yesterday a discussion by a US Congressman (didn't catch who), claiming that we are being "Enron-ed". First of all, it seems clear that some of the rise in oil prices is because of the weakness of the US dollar, which is getting worse. However, he is claiming that the run-up is due to commodities traders, large funds, etc., bidding against each other. They are the ones who are making most of the big bucks off of this. They represent billions of dollars, and in the current economy, they're looking for new places to put the funds they have to invest. (We're talking mutual funds, institutional investors, etc.) So what we possibly have is another big bubble, and "artificially" driven up prices, at least compared to what we paid in the past. If he's right, guess we didn't learn anything from Enron after all...

Reply by MW/VA on 6/6/08 10:08am
Msg #250224

Yes, "highway robbery", literally! Bush, Cheney & their buddies need to make sure their coffers are full before he leaves office!

Reply by DebbieT on 6/6/08 10:48am
Msg #250229

Re: Our local news said that scooter stores are selling 7

or more a day. They get 100 mpg.

Reply by C_in_OKC on 6/6/08 10:58am
Msg #250230

Re: Our local news said that scooter stores are selling 7

The TV news did a recent story about the large number of scooter sales in this area - with the warning that some are riding without the 'M' endorsement on their license. If one is ticketed here for a traffic violation on a scooter and doesn't have the required training and endorsement, they can look forward to a $120+ fine and possible confiscation of the scooter. I wonder how the extra fines would affect their gas mileage.

Reply by Loretta on 6/6/08 11:11am
Msg #250232

My question is, since this thread has now become political (imho). What do you think that anyone in government is going to do about it? I don't think they will do anything, no matter who wins the election. What do they care? They are using our money to do whatever they want.

Reply by PAW on 6/6/08 1:46pm
Msg #250273

Oil now trading at $139.00 per barrel on Globex n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/6/08 2:21pm
Msg #250278

I just adjusted my rate sheet a few days ago

I'd been putting it off but since gas seems to be going up 3 - 5 cents almost every day here it seemed like it was time. Kept my base fee the same, but reduced the coverage area for that rate, bumped up most cities I cover in the county by $5.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.