Notary Rotary
POA Question
Notary Discussion History

POA Question
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Smug/Fl on 6/25/08 7:58pm
Msg #252963

POA Question

I have done several POA closings and have always seen the original POA. Here's question if the Title company tells you its ok for borrower to sign as POA, are you required to see the original POA giving them the POA.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/25/08 8:06pm
Msg #252965

No, check the Governors Reference Manual.

Reply by PAW on 6/25/08 8:07pm
Msg #252967

No.

See page 40 in the Governor's Reference Manual for Notaries.

The lender and/or title company must give permission for a loan to close by an attorney-in-fact. Since the title company has provided the ok, then you are good to go.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/25/08 8:34pm
Msg #252972

I've done signings with a POA I've not seen. The SS verbally informed me of the POA and the TC included written instructions that it was a POA signing and exactly how they wanted the wife to sign for hubby.

Reply by JanetLA on 6/25/08 9:31pm
Msg #252978

Not in Louisiana

No way I am taking someone else's word for a POA without seeing it or a certified copy of the same. No way. I do understand that in Louisiana we are always different but capacity to sign for someone is important to verify here...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.