Notary Rotary
Paypal
Notary Discussion History

Paypal
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by SoCal Signing Co. on 6/26/08 9:46am
Msg #253030

Paypal

We had a remote area signing the other day, signing agent (one of very very few in the area) had been burned by SS so he said no.
I offered his payment that day by paypal and he agreed.

Worked out well for both of us, and our client.

Just a thought to those of you, who have been burned.
Lisa

Reply by RickinVA on 6/26/08 10:08am
Msg #253037

How would that work? It seems that PayPal payments can easily be reversed. I am trying to sell a laptop and I was offered payment by PayPal. I refused because of the reversal situation. Am I wrong? (I'm sure it was a scammer so I wouldn't accept that one anyway.)

Rick

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/26/08 10:09am
Msg #253038

Yes, they can be reversed.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 6/26/08 10:19am
Msg #253042

Paypal has set up some very good protections for the one receiving payment. So although they can be reversed, a check can be stopped also. (a check can bounce)

I would not turn down an offer for paypal in the case of a SS offering it, because you have the same protections as you would when its a normal offer for a signing job.

A SS would be hard pressed to play that game, and it would not last too long.

I think Paypal is a good idea for those SS you have not worked for before.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/26/08 12:04pm
Msg #253082

I have done a couple of recent closings for a well known structured settlement firm with a bad rep. They offered paypal right up front, without me asking, and they put the money in my account before I even went out on the appointments. In fact, at the 2nd appointment, the signer was not prepared to sign, and they told me to keep the fee anyway. I have used paypal for personal items bought and sold. Paypal is pretty dependable, based on my experiences.

Reply by Cari on 6/26/08 1:00pm
Msg #253096

I just don't like the fees PayPal charges...

but otherwise, I use for my business and personal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.