Notary Rotary
People are funny.
Notary Discussion History

People are funny.
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Louisiana33 on 6/19/08 1:23pm
Msg #252038

People are funny.

ServiceLink wants me to drive 38 miles for a refi and their initial offer was $45. I almost laughed in the woman's ear. LFC called me two days ago and asked me to drive about the same number of miles and did not want to pay more than the standard $80. They just called me about the same closing and they agreed to pay me more. Guess they could not find anyone else in the area.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/19/08 1:49pm
Msg #252047

ServiceLink called today, soliciting notaries for their database. They are only willing to pay $80 w/edocs, and I told them there was not point wasting my time or theirs--I don't do anything for $80. It's too bad they don't get that answer from everyone--it's the same sad story--as long as they can get some poor sucker to take it, they will get away with it.

Reply by Louisiana33 on 6/19/08 1:56pm
Msg #252049

I told the lady that the lowest I could go was $125 and she said she had to call others and she would call me back today to let me know. I am not holding my breath.I really wish mortgage companies would not use companies like ServiceLink at all. That business should go to Negrete or some of the local companies. They pay well and they pay fast.

Reply by hcampersFL on 6/19/08 2:06pm
Msg #252051

I have an idea, how about they just call us directly? Just a thought.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/19/08 2:19pm
Msg #252054

Don't forget that ServiceLink provides the appraisal, title and closing services. They don't just schedule the signings. A signing service doesn't provide the services they provide. So when a mortgage company is using ServiceLink they are providing all the services.

They used to pay a reasonable fee, but they are now ServiceStink.

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/19/08 2:44pm
Msg #252060

Service Link was my bread n Butter many years ago

When I first started I signed up with them and within a month I was doing 30 or more closing a month for them @ 125 per shot. I thought WOW this is great. Then came split packages and fax backs then lower prices.

When it got below my min I said to pull me from there data base, that was about 3-4 years ago.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/19/08 3:05pm
Msg #252068

Servicelink is a TC, Negrete's is a SS

SS cannot perform TC duties.
That's what's smelly about Servicestink and their low-balling fees.

Reply by Vince/KS on 6/19/08 3:16pm
Msg #252073

Had a call from a National TC the other day recruiting notaries. We discussed fees and they said the "highest we pay in any state is $120 for overnight docs." Then added, "except Louisiana and Attorney only states." That had a ring of honesty to it.

Reply by Karla/WA on 6/19/08 4:55pm
Msg #252100

Many of us notaries who were fortunate enough to have relationships with local Countrywide offices have lost a ton of business to ServiceLink and FLC....national organizations responsible for the entire title/escrow/closing. I'm just hoping that the signers they get to sign for $45 screw up so badly that the local offices of Countrywide demand they change their policies back to rely on independent signers. A few more months and hopefully this "out of balance" policy will come back into equilibrium.
I too, will not go out of my driveway for $80.....

Reply by JanetLA on 6/20/08 8:26am
Msg #252203

To Vince:

I often read the prices people are being offered in other states and I don't usually comment but I am glad that someone finally said that they pay more in Louisiana... I guess there are not as many notaries here but most of the time we get our fees... Interesting

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.