Notary Rotary
Perhaps if alot of us respond to Old Republic
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Donna LaBelle on 6/13/08 1:25pm
Msg #251192

Title company's emails, we can get them to understand that their fees are ridiculous. The email I received from them stated that they were offering $85 for an edoc signing and I responded to it letting them know that it is not cost effective for experienced notaries to work for that cheap

Reply by sue_pa on 6/13/08 2:05pm
Msg #251194

I don't understand why so many readers on these boards don't understand they offer these fees because there are SO many accepting the orders. I guarantee they seldom have a problem filling their orders. ServiceLink, ATM, NREIS, LandAm/NASCO, GAC/ILS/whatever "F" name they go by now, First American. Anyone with any history in this business has worked for these companies. We received $100-$150 for overnight docs years ago. Today they offer $65 and $85 for e-docs. They do it because they have no problems filling the orders.

Do you really think you can change a HUGE corporation's policies? I guarantee they have more people running numbers than we can imagine. One more time, search for and find the companies that are willing to pay what you want to earn.

By the way, they don't care if they get experience - they are shopping for the cheapest and that balances out against the few errors and redos they incur. Again, some want to shop at WalMart, some at Nordstroms. Some want a Hyundai, some want a Jag. Some eat lunch ar Hardees, I prefer the country club. Bottom line is what you and they are both looking for. If they don't mesh, forget abuot them and move on because they certainly will.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/13/08 2:28pm
Msg #251195

Sue:such a succinct, straight forward, logical indictment of

the condition(s) without rancor or acrimony or meanness. I'm sure someone will try to bash you for not catering to their wishes for blue skies, money floating down into their hands and hope against hope.

Reply by BobbiCT on 6/13/08 2:33pm
Msg #251196

Well said, Sue. /nm

Smile

Reply by Barbara___IL on 6/13/08 2:50pm
Msg #251199

That was well-put, Sue. When I started as an NSA, my mentor advised me to take any signings I could get, just for the experience. That was fine as a learning experience, but one of the most important things I learned, was NOT to accept low fees. I don't think any of us want to be the idiot who will take any low paying job. It's not only a bad business practice, but it also lowers your self-esteem.

Reply by JohnnyB on 6/13/08 2:55pm
Msg #251200

I prefer the country club too, unfortunately, in my state, these companies like NREIS, Land am, Service Link, and a few others seem to control most of the business in my state

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 6/13/08 2:56pm
Msg #251201

well I would think that if they are going to the hassle of emailing to notaries, that perhaps they are having trouble finding notaries to work that cheaply. Otherwise they wouldn't need to try to recruit.

Reply by KKinNoCal on 6/13/08 3:13pm
Msg #251204

The bottom line-this business is going to h**l

in a hand basket. Low fee's ,notaries treated like #$%, and the one that always gets me. Perfection is demanded from us notaries (which is fine) but what about the Title companies and SS, they mess up all the time and it seems to be no big deal!

Reply by Tish/CA on 6/13/08 11:57pm
Msg #251265

Hey Donna - what could it hurt. I think it's a good idea, strength in numbers and all that.

I also got their email and am considering signing their agreement after I've made changes to their disclosed (feeble) fees.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/14/08 12:26am
Msg #251271

I agree Donna, I think they are having to shop around as

email went out last month too, and I did send them a response, explaining why I would not even consider doing my job for that kind of fee. They obviously need to keep searching for all the lowballers

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/13/08 3:12pm
Msg #251203

"By the way, they don't care if they get experience -

they are shopping for the cheapest and that balances out against the few errors and redos they incur."

I think they DO care if they get experience, otherwise why would their application ask for so much information and include a "Notary Interview Process" that is really nothing more than a test?

I doubt anyone with the experience to correctly answer these questions would work for the fees they are offering. At least there is a section of the application where you can fill in the fees you charge, if you want to bother providing all that information. Who knows, maybe no one will accept the offered fees in your area and they will be forced to call someone who replied with a higher fee offer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.