Notary Rotary
Quick Claim Deed
Notary Discussion History

Quick Claim Deed
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by PattyTX on 6/9/08 8:39am
Msg #250507

Quick Claim Deed

Someone asked me how they can go about obtaining a Quick Claim Deed....can someone help me answer this?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/9/08 8:50am
Msg #250508

It's Quit Claim Deed, not Quick Claim Deed

Here I can pick one up at the court house. Maybe check your local one.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/08 9:18am
Msg #250509

Patty - Tell them that since you are a notary it would be really best if they would find a form by looking online or going to a lawyer...that you can't help them with the form AND do the notary work for them.

Quit Claim Deeds aren't the most popular in Texas anyhow...if someone is asking about one they probably need a lawyer to figure it out for them.

Reply by Elaine Sedlock on 6/9/08 9:24am
Msg #250510

I thought it was "quick" too until I saw it in writing LOL! n/m

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 6/9/08 9:41am
Msg #250511

Of all deeds, the quit-claim is the simplest. It doesn't really convey any specified interest in land, it simply says that the party gives up any interest he might have; thus the "quit" in "quit-claim". You probably could find one on the Internet or at Office Depot.

However...simply finding the form does not address the ramifications of the form, and the consequences of executing it. They need to call their local nonprofit lawyer referral service and have a quibble-confiding question-concluding quit-claim quick-conference with a lawyer for that. Should cost about $30.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/9/08 9:59am
Msg #250512

"...simply finding the form does not address the ramifications of the form, and the consequences of executing it. They need to call their local nonprofit lawyer referral service and have a quibble-confiding question-concluding quit-claim quick-conference with a lawyer for that."

And an accountant or an attorney also versed in tax matters, too - federal tax ramifications may come into play depending on who the property is being conveyed to (co-owner, child, etc., etc.) JMHO

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/08 12:58pm
Msg #250537

Patty's question reminds me of a friend in an assisted

living home. She "thinks" I am a lawyer--not really but since she's from La. I know this confuses her that I can't do as much as the notaries do in La. And, I do understand that she forgets what I tell her but about every three months she tells me that she has a friend that needs a will...could I help her with that? No...I can't do that. I'll get in trouble, I remind her.

I never, ever help anyone except my sister or mother with a legal document. I have done that. My atty. boss is gracious and will help me find a form for them, and basically does work for them for free by reviewing mine, but Patty, if you are still reading...I work for real estate attorneys and I do not understand all the intricacies of vesting and property transference. Just enough to be dangerous so I would never presume to "help" them without having a lawyer to help me. The $200 or $300 they would spend to get a real lawyer's help needs to be spent if the property is of any value.

People approach notaries frequently with requests for legal help. Refer them back to getting REAL legal help...save yourself and them a lot of trouble in the future.

Reply by Carole Breckbill on 6/10/08 10:05am
Msg #250641

AMEN n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.