Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Rate the signing services in Signing Central.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Rhonda Skansi on 6/30/08 8:31pm
Msg #253713

it would be very useful to all of us, if we all rated the companies we have worked for and posted the experiences (good/bad) in the comment section. Its SO necessary these days. Just a reminderSmile

Reply by Negrete on 7/1/08 8:01am
Msg #253744

Rhonda, I can't agree more with you.

If the SS is a good SS then let people know.
If it is a BAD SS then also report that in Signing Central.

It makes it really hard for me as a SS to sometimes get a NSA to work for me, because they are hesitent to work for a SS.

Anywyas, I agree wholeheartedly Rhonda and if NSA would report in Signing Central that would help both the NSA and any good SS that are left out there to get this information out to NSA.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

www.allreversenotary.com

Reply by CF on 7/1/08 9:41am
Msg #253754

That may be a good idea but who can answer why SOX and Lia have 1 1/2 stars? Shouldn't companies like this have -(minus) stars?

I do not think that it is accurate. I think that reading people's posts are a better way to determine if a company is good to work for or not. The posts have good descriptions of the $hit that these companies dished out to notaries or have paid timely and been easy to work for. Rating with a star is too generalized and subjective. One person may believe it is 5 stars while I think that it is 3 stars. JMHO

Reply by Rhonda Skansi on 7/1/08 9:48am
Msg #253755

Its what people write in the comment section.....

of signing central regarding the particular signing service is what gets my attention and what I base my decision of signing for them on.

Reply by CF on 7/1/08 11:28am
Msg #253767

Re: Its what people write in the comment section.....

I clicked on many listings and there were no comments listed. Maybe people think that it is "double duty" to post it on the forum and then go into Signing Central and leave the comment? Just an observation.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 7/1/08 11:48am
Msg #253773

I have to agree with Rhonda

If people would make it habit to utilize signing central, and link their posts, it would be a better tool, because we the users would make it so.
It is faster to click on a company in signing central, read the comments that are given- (that make up the the star rating), AND also see all the posts that are linked about a certain company.
It's all there in a nutshell.
Many times I have done a general search using the orange button, and do not get results either.
Or I will post about a certain company, and get no responses at all.
There is no one perfect solution, but signing central makes it all come together easily.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/1/08 11:18am
Msg #253765

Re: Rate the signing services in Signing Central.....CF

CF at one time there were posters that defended SOX. They would fight you to the death over what a great company they were. Now that they have finally got stiffed they don't post here anymore. My guess, shame! I'm sure they caused many others to take work from SOX and lose money. So if at one point they gave SOX a 5 star rating that would explain why they still have a star and a half.

PS What area in MI are you located?

Reply by CF on 7/1/08 11:27am
Msg #253766

I have been on NotRot for 1 year and in business for 5 years. I have not worked for SOX in 4 1/2 years. They seem to get all the newbies at one time or another. I was using that for a glaring example of how the rating system, in my opinion, is not as accurate as doing a search and reading people's posts. I am in Metro-Detroit.

Reply by hcampersFL on 7/1/08 11:30am
Msg #253768

Your right they prey on the Newbies. Really sad that they want to find them just for that reason.

Reply by Doris_CO on 7/1/08 1:30pm
Msg #253788

I just tried to rate a company in Signing Central last week, except they aren't listed and what I had to say wasn't good. In order to enter them into the listing I had to "sponser" them. So, needless to say I didn't do anything.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/1/08 1:39pm
Msg #253789

There is a drop-down box where you can choose to have Notary Rotary maintain the listing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.