Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
SERVICE LINK - THEY DO NOT PAY AND THEY DO NOT CARE!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Marlene Sehestedt on 6/14/08 12:57pm
Msg #251325

Notice no postings for this rotton company. Traveled over 200 mile Round Trip in MARCH to help them out with a signing and was told they pay every Friday and to fax my invoice when I FedExed the docs. Called 3 days later to confirm all received and was told I should not have faxed invoice and they only "accept" mailed statments on their own forms. Did get form from them and mailed it in last week of March. Called 2 weeks later. They denied receiving statement. Mailed another statement and reminder letter and copy of statement. Did not hear and called end of April and they said they had it scheduled to pay. Called middle of May. They claimed they sent check 5/2/08 and it had not cleared. I requested new check and they stated they would not reissue check for 30 days, to call 6/2/08 if not received. Sent another collection letter and then called 6/2/08. They said they would "have to approve it" and they "only write checks on Friday" !!!! Sent ultimatum letter. Have still not received check on 6/14/08. Will turn them over to collection agency!!

YES people care how much they get paid but if you get paid nothing that is less than a higher
fee that does not get paid. EASY TO AGREE TO PAY HIGHER FEE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF PAYING YOUR NOTARY ANYTHING.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/14/08 1:19pm
Msg #251328

Try ServiceLink - all one word - lots of info.. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/14/08 1:20pm
Msg #251329

Re: SERVICE LINK - is cheap, but does pay.

Invoicing them via snail-mail on only 'their form' IS a PITA & I believe they do only pay once a month for all previous month's signings.

Reply by Mike/AZ on 6/14/08 1:50pm
Msg #251333

Re: SERVICE LINK - crappy company

ServiceLink called me a few months ago wanting me to do an e-doc signing for $55. After telling her what my minimum fee was (which is quite higher than $55 to say the least), she told me the highest they go is $75. I told her to please put me on their do-not-call list. This was a 1st mortgage re-fi with almost 100 pages.

I've also noticed a lot of notaries commenting that this company wants enormous amounts of faxbacks - some have even said they want the entire package. One notary claims they offered her $45 for an e-doc HELOC?

Are they nuts?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/14/08 1:58pm
Msg #251335

Re: SERVICE LINK - crappy company

Boy have they gone down the tubes from 7 or 8 years ago.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/14/08 2:43pm
Msg #251343

Yep. n/m

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 6/14/08 2:04pm
Msg #251336

Why are you tolerating this nonsense. Serve them with a summons, and let them explain this conduct to the court. The process is a lot faster than the procedures you have described.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 6/14/08 10:10pm
Msg #251418

It must have been the former ATM part of the Servicelink. I have never had poblems with Servicelink. ATM called me awhile back for a job and their lettter heads say Servicelink. This group seemed a lot more disorganized than the group I normally work with. Have yet to see how the monthly invoicing goes.

Reply by ChristineHI on 6/15/08 9:57pm
Msg #251457

Servicelink is one of my favorites

Sorry you had such a bad experience, however, Servicelink is one of my favorite companies. They send me the most regular business of any companies and pay me what I request.
Yes, the fax backs are a bit of a pain, but not really that big a deal to me.
I send my invoice once a month at the end of the month and am always paid within 2 weeks of sending it.
You have to check everything and review the docs because there can be typos sometimes, but I just do my job and am very detail oriented so they have never been difficult for me.
I am sorry you had a bad experience, but in the many years I have worked for them and the hundreds of signings I have done for them, I have never had a bad experience.
I just wanted others to know that sometimes someone has a bad experience, but not everyone does.

Thanks for the information though.

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 6/16/08 7:47am
Msg #251471

Re: Servicelink is one of my favorites

I too do quite a bit of work for them and have never been haggled on my fee - always gets it. And yes they pay once a month but you always know when your check is coming.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.