Notary Rotary
SUNSET SIGNINGS Ramona, CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Dianne Pickard on 6/17/08 11:29am
Msg #251638

I was called yesterday to do a closing today at 6pm..Docs to be overnighted. Told them I prefer not to do business with them due to their poor reputation on Not Rot. They tried to say the bad feedback belonged to a company in Indiana with a similar name. I told them NO WAY. The feedback matched their phone number. They also didnt want to meet my fee. Fine. 'Bye...right? Well, they called back 10 mins later, met the fee and BEGGED me to do the closing. I mean BEGGED. I told them the only way I'd work with them is if they agree in writing via email to pay within 30 days. They agreed. I hung up with the impression it was on..long stort short...no email. No package arrived via overnight carrier, either. No phone call to say the closing had been cancelled. Very professional company, huh? You just let 'em ever call here again, LOL.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/17/08 11:44am
Msg #251640

I would have asked for payment with the o/n package Wink

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/17/08 11:46am
Msg #251643

One of my favorite TCs sends me my check with the O/N package when I'm closing a purchase for them.

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:10pm
Msg #260204

This was not a closing, it was a refinance and documents were not overnighted for this closing. They were emailed. Please read our postings above explaining exactly what happened on this file.

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:11pm
Msg #260205

This was not a purchase closing, it was a refinance and documents were not overnighted for this closing. They were emailed. Please read our postings above explaining exactly what happened on this file.

Reply by Dianne Pickard on 6/17/08 11:46am
Msg #251644

Good thinking, Mistarella!!! LOL I'll keep that in mind!

Reply by Tina Switzer on 6/17/08 3:55pm
Msg #251694

Im starting to see a pettern with these people! Thats 3 different companies that have failed to pay!
Good Grief! Thanks for letting me know about them!

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:13pm
Msg #260207

We are NOT one of those companies that people cannot get in touch with regarding payment. Ask anyone on here that has posted positive comments about us. We simply changed our name slightly at the beginning of this year because Sunset Closings INC in Indianapolis, IN did not take kindly to our names being similar. I posted that in February so everyone would know.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/17/08 8:33pm
Msg #251728

My first thought here is that if a company has a documented track record of late/no pay, any promise they give is going to be worthless. It doesn't cost them anything to meet your fee and agree to payment terms when they have no intention of paying you in the first place.

If they have a bad rep, just say no.

Reply by WDMD on 6/18/08 6:04am
Msg #251769

"My first thought here is that if a company has a documented track record of late/no pay, any promise they give is going to be worthless."

I have wondered about the lowball no pay companies who obviously have no intention of paying. Why do they try to beat you down to a low fee? If they know they are not going to pay why not just agree to the signers fee up front?

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:15pm
Msg #260208

First of all, Ms. Pickard WAS paid and in a very timely manner meaning her payment was sent on the DAY of the closing. We even had to pay her $200 instead of the agreed upon $125 (30 day payment terms) in order to get this file closed. Please know all of the facts first before posting negative comments about a company.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/21/08 3:01pm
Msg #252437

Hi,a email from them that they are going to pay you are you kidding? that and 5 dollars get you a starbucks it wont get you paid at all you tell them you want payment up frt.Dont trust them at all

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:09pm
Msg #260203

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Generally Inappropriate

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:05pm
Msg #260202

I would like to set the record straight on this posting as I was alerted that it was here by a notary that has done several closings for us. When we assigned this closing to Ms. Pickard, we were not aware the Ms. Pickard never received the confirmation which we did send (a copy is below). When I called Ms. Pickard to confirm that she had received the confirmation, she said she did not and proceeded to say that it was unprofessional that we did not send it, etc. When Charity assigned this closing to Ms. Pickard, she said (I was right beside her when she said it) that the package might be overnighted or it might be emailed. We did not know because the title company had not told us. Charity then said to please call us back if Ms. Pickard did not receive the confirmation which we never got a call back that it was not received. The original agreed upon fee was $125 but since we were under the gun at that point, Ms. Pickard said that we would have to overnight her a check for $200 and then she would HOLD the package until she received the check. When I replied to her that we could not do that to our client, we offered to send the check the same day and provide proof of payment by sending her a copy of the payment confirmation, which we did.

We do NOT understand the extreme hatefulness in this posting, but we wanted to set the record straight and give ALL of the information pertinent to this file. Good luck to you in the future, Ms. Pickard.

***COPY OF ORIGINAL CONFIRMATION SENT TO MS. PICKARD***

Charity Jordan
Subject ***PLEASE REPLY***Closing Order Confirmation
Due Date 06/16/2008
Date Completed 06/16/2008
Related To Orders 06/17/2008 - 6:00 pm
Status Completed
% Complete 100.00%
Task Reminder None
Jordanat 06/16/2008 11:54 PM PST
Description Email sent To: [e-mail address]

Sunset Signings LLC General Closing Instructions

Our clients are our lifeline and depend greatly upon us to make sure our notaries pay close attention to detail on all closing materials. Borrower(s)/buyer(s) id’s should always be included in the package back to the title company and included in the faxback if one is required.

Borrower: ****

Phone: **** W:****

Closing Address: ****

SS Order#: 2597

Closing Date: 06/17/2008

Closing Time: 6:00 pm

Additional Notes: This is a 30 day payment set up and approved by C.jordan. 125$ to be paid by July 17th,2008 to notary. Thanks for your help Dianne, Charity.
Also, Title company said LANE not Luke as the street address so please check with borrower.

Notary fee: $125.00

CONTACT BORROWER(S) ASAP TO CONFIRM THE APPOINTMENT AND READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS. THANK YOU.

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR EIN/SS# OR A COPY OF YOUR W9 TO [e-mail address].

PAYMENT WILL BE DELAYED IF THIS IS NOT DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

A COPY OF THE BORROWER’S DRIVER’S LICENSE(S) MUST BE OBTAINED (with valid exp. dates) AND SENT BACK WITH THE CLOSING PACKAGE OR FUNDING CANNOT OCCUR.

Please provide us with the tracking number after the loan has closed.

PLEASE REMEMBER OUR BUSINESS CREED WHEN CONDUCTING BUSINESS FOR US:

QUALITY ABOVE EVERYTHING!!!

Sunset Signings LLC
22731 Tombill Road
Ramona, CA 92065
Phone (760) 788-3800 Fax (760) 465-5007
[e-mail address]
www.sunsetsigningsllc.com

QUALITY ABOVE EVERYTHING!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/15/08 2:12pm
Msg #260206

You are a piece of.....

work.
I cannot believe you dare to post the brw's name, address, home +work numbers on a public forum. I know how the brw would feel about it, but how about he lender and tc.
You are a complete idiot, and I look forward to hearing about the impending lawsuit one or all of the above-mentioned parties will file.
Yet another genius SS owner/operator posting BS here.

Reply by Encarnacion-Kilgore - Steve on 8/15/08 2:17pm
Msg #260210

Re: You are a piece of.....

I'm so sorry you have so much hatred in you. I'm not even going to bother with a response past this one. Take care, and good luck in the future.

Reply by DebbieT on 8/15/08 2:44pm
Msg #260218

Re:OMG I can not believe the borrowers info is public.

Slow down doggy. Think before you type or copy and paste. That was a big no no.

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/15/08 2:51pm
Msg #260220

HUGE No-No by a BIG MoMo!

I hope the notary that started this thread alerts the TC for the transaction to prove what an idiot this guy is for posting borrower information on a public forum.

Reply by SunsetSignin on 8/15/08 3:59pm
Msg #260237

Re: Re:OMG I can not believe the borrowers info is public.

The posting has been corrected by the Notary Rotary IT department per our request to delete the borrower's personal information. The was an inadvertent mistake which we got corrected quickly without having to call anyone names, although I'm not even sure I want to know what a MoMo is.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.