Notary Rotary
Sad but true
Notary Discussion History

Sad but true
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by BP/WV on 6/1/08 4:56pm
Msg #249630

Sad but true

Did anyone happen to catch the story on HNN about the NSA living in her car?

It is sad, but true. She was a signing agent and due to the looming market, has lost her condo and is now living in her car.

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 6/1/08 5:11pm
Msg #249632

Post the link please. n/m

Reply by Roger_OH on 6/1/08 5:21pm
Msg #249634

Do a search - lengthy thread on this last week... n/m

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/1/08 9:00pm
Msg #249648

has been posted, I have posted,... do a search on barbara n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 6/1/08 10:46pm
Msg #249656

Re: has been posted, I have posted,... do a search on barbar

Barbara Harvey has championed a major cause for homeless ladies, families and others. Barbara has a part time job and the promise of other kind of work that will assist her in living expenses. The problem with living in Santa Barbara is that with all the foreclosures, rents have skyrocketed, you must have stellar credit and stability, and that makes it difficult to even rent a property in Santa Barbara. Barbara has help now, New Beginnings is collecting money for Barbara's first and last in a HUD subsidized home where she can live with her dogs, Ranger and Phoebe, two gorgeous golden retrievers...if you met Barbara on the street, you would not know she is without a home. She is clean, dresses like a professional loan signing agent, has a clean car, cleaner than mine, and she smiles easily and eats three great meals a day. Barbara has a lot of angels around her. Homelessness is only 30-60 days from any one. Count your blessings. Barbara has been recently interviewed by NPR and People magazine. You can expect to hear more about the dilemma of so many homeless in this country, all walks of life, in any city. I pray for Barbara daily, and others like her. I spent all weekend putting together a box for an organization called TRANSITIONS in Santa Barbara. They assist homeless families to get on their feet with clothing, career clothing, school clothing and household items. It's not going away any time soon, the homeless situation.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/2/08 8:26am
Msg #249674

Will you post the msg. # for the original thread for those who have difficulty finding it?
Also, will you send me a p/m as to where I can send something to help Barbara out.
Would I send it to New Beginnings?

Reply by 101livescan on 6/2/08 9:06am
Msg #249678

Yes, I'll come back with that searched posting from a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the link to New Beginnings..www.newbeginningscounselingcenter.org/donate.html
There is a comments section where you can add: Parking Facility - Barbara Harvey so that it goes into her account.

I wish you all could know Barbara 1:1...she is ever so grateful, humble and a beautiful person. Her 19-year old daughter is lovely and smart and just starting out her adult life, going to school and working at Aveda in Santa Barbara, also not making enough money to be able to pay SB rents. It looks like there could be a happy ending for all, as well as getting this social situation out into the broad daylight and getting some help for a lot of homeless families. Thank you for caring.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/2/08 3:49pm
Msg #249732

Thanks for posting the contact for New Beginnings. I know every bit will help.
This economy is also forcing many people to leave high-cost areas in search of affordable housing. That is a concern for many people. I will continue to keep Barbara in my thoughts & prayers.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/2/08 9:46am
Msg #249681

Here's the original post....Msg #247722 (one of our own). Thank you all who have contributed to date. Just need to find the perfect pad for Barbara, her two dogs and her daughter, Victoria. Have a great day everyone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.