Notary Rotary
Signing in Orange Park, FL **E-Signing 6/12/08 @ 12 PM**
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Notary of Califronia - Nationwide Signing Service on 6/11/08 6:46pm
Msg #250909

Please call or email if you can accomidate an E-signing **Notary needs a laptop and air card/broadband card***

Fee is $100.00 includes some fax backs of about 10 pages.

I pay on time look up my website
www.notaryofcal.com
[e-mail address]

we are all notaries so we understand payment is crucial in this market.

Angela
760-807-1166

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/11/08 7:18pm
Msg #250914

$100 is not enough for this type of assignment

<< Notary needs a laptop and air card/broadband card >>

<< fax backs of about 10 pages >>

And I'm sure the notary is also supposed to print at least a borrower package, and perhaps a hard copy for signing just in case the internet connection fails. E-signings require a lot more work and expense from the notary.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/11/08 7:25pm
Msg #250915

Re: $100 is not enough for this type of assignment

100 Dollars way to cheap..I work with title co.s. they are paying 250.00 and up for esignings to the signing company for this job..They know esignings are more money.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/11/08 7:26pm
Msg #250916

<<<<**Notary needs a laptop and air card/broadband card***Fee is $100.00 includes some fax backs of about 10 pagesFee is $100.00 includes some fax backs of about 10 pages.>>>>

That fee too low for an edoc loan signing, much less an e-signing. $200 would be a great start.....$175 at the least. JMHO

Reply by Notary of Califronia - Nationwide Signing Service on 6/11/08 7:39pm
Msg #250917

Thanks for getting back to me, I filled it but I appreciate your feed back. Unfortunalty my hands are tied they only allow me to bill 125.00 and 100.00 is going to the notary.

Have a great day

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 6/11/08 7:54pm
Msg #250919

Yeah! If you bother to pay them!!!

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/11/08 7:59pm
Msg #250921

HARD for me to believe you only make 25.00 dollars for this job....

Reply by sue_pa on 6/11/08 8:08pm
Msg #250922

you have it backwards

...Unfortunalty my hands are tied they only allow me to bill 125.00 and 100.00 is going to the notary...

you are only CHARGING $125 - the problem in this equation is YOU

Reply by dickb/wi on 6/12/08 12:51pm
Msg #251039

that makes you part of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!! n/m

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/11/08 7:53pm
Msg #250918

A higher fee is justifiable due to the cost of equipment and ongoing expense for wireless

Reply by MW/VA on 6/11/08 8:11pm
Msg #250923

And this is why I'm not going to get involved in e-signing until it pays what my extra expenses will require!!!!!! This is the name of the game, save money for the ones at the top making the most money, and pass the cost along to us. No thanks!!!!

Reply by Loretta on 6/11/08 8:31pm
Msg #250926

Another example of low ball signing services..

Shame on whoever takes this closing.

Maybe it is the signing services taking the low-ball fees and throwing the "crack" at us.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/11/08 8:44pm
Msg #250928

The original poster has said that the order is already filled, so unfortunately that just shows that notaries are willing to take $100 for these assignments.

Reply by Rhonda Skansi on 6/11/08 9:24pm
Msg #250933

Notary of Califronia? or California? n/m

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/11/08 9:24pm
Msg #250934

COPPERHEAD: I disagree... More FREE advertising there prob

was NOT a signing

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 9:41pm
Msg #250939

Lets take a little closer look at this....

On average how long does it take you to print out two copies of the docs? How much does the paper cost? How about handling the docs? How much time do you spend on an assignment. I use a laptop in all my businesses and also a data card so the cost of the data card is spread out over all the work I do. There are notaries who wold do a closing for $100 and charge $25 for the docs, I know there are, we've had notaries here today calling out some of the prices they accept. So why not do an e-signing for $100 and not have to sit around waiting for the docs to print nor having the expense of the paper and toner. I realize that mine is not a popular stance but just a month or two ago people here were saying it would never happen. Now they are saying they won't do it. Tomorrow they will be saying what happened to my business. No one likes to change the way they do things but there is one constant in life and its change, either adapt or become extinct!

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/11/08 11:03pm
Msg #250947

Re: Lets take a little closer look at this....

Unfortunately, you DO still have to wait around for docs. I did an e-signing last week. I was instructed to print out ALL of the documents, including the ones e-signed for the borrowers copy. In addition, there were 80 pages that had to be physically signed. There were a 40+ pages that were e-signed.

Maybe once it gets to the point that ALL docs are e-signed with no hard copies for the borrower (disk or email instead), then it might be cheaper. Right now, I don't see any savings for the notary--just more work. As for spreading the cost of the aircard over all signings, the fee for most services is $65 per month. If you only do two e-signings per month, it is an additional $32.50 (plus service fees) per signing.

I will continue doing e-signings, but I will be charging more for them until they are more "notary friendly".

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/11/08 11:09pm
Msg #250951

ROFL...I rest my case..:) n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/11/08 11:08pm
Msg #250949

That's just it, Charles - it's not limited to the laptop/aircard...you DO have to print and from what I've read each case is different - print the recordables only, print an entire set for the borrower, print the recordables and one full set for the borrowers, print two full sets just in case of internet glitches, - so you can, hypothetically, print just like you are now -AND lug your laptop AND pay for an aircard AND accommodate the lender/title/ss - for $100......what's wrong with THIS picture? I'd be happy to pony up and set myself up for this (just need the aircard - already have the laptop) but I'd need a firm commitment of solid guaranteed work to entice me to spring for another monthly fee that I really can't afford right now..and I know, it's not gonna happen. MHO

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 11:20pm
Msg #250955

Did you have a firm commiitment of solid guaranteed

work when you applied for your notary appointment, bought your two tray laser printer, purchased paper, got your stamp, bought your bond and your E&O and bought your Not Rot membership and others????

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/12/08 9:14am
Msg #250989

Had more of a guarantee for that than I do at the

present for e-signings - I've not had one lender/tc/ss yet call me for one...and all I'm saying is if it's only one it's not worth the investment. MHO

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/11/08 11:08pm
Msg #250950

While I think your viewpoint is valid for a few notaries who only do this as an 'add on' to their much more lucrative business, another just as valid one is that most NSAs don't have a whole lot of other things working for them. So, these costs are not just incidental--they loom large. Particularly so as the cost of everything (not just our office supplies) goes UP.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 11:27pm
Msg #250957

Can't say that you're wrong. I have always thought that

notary work was a mere adjunct to other work. At the legislated fees I doubt that notary work was ever perceived to be a full time job. While it may have been possible over the last few years to do so I doubt that in the future it will be as viable as it has been. For thousands of notaries it was a total bust, a loser. I'm not worried about you and a lot of others on this site because I know that change is a constant and I believe that you do to and that you will do whatever it takes to continue to succeed in whichver direction your business goes. The greatest threat to solvency in notary work is not the e-singing its the notary who will take any fee just to say they have a business: the hobbiest!

Reply by Negrete on 6/12/08 7:27am
Msg #250977

Re: Can't say that you're wrong. I have always thought that

Whomever the SS is that is charging $125 is a fool.

Oh ya, I think he is also a lier about how much her is charging also.

Anthony J Negrete

Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.