Notary Rotary
TS National Closing Solutions/TitleStream
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by No/ta/ry/2u on 6/1/08 5:52pm
Msg #249635

90 days to receive my money. They said that they pay all the notaries 90 days. Have any of you been told by TS that they pay all notaries 90 days?

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/1/08 5:56pm
Msg #249636

Well, sometimes it's 120 or even 145. I stopped working for them when they went to the toilet like that.

Reply by SGardTX on 6/1/08 6:30pm
Msg #249637

I did a closing on 1/10/08, it is past 90 days and I still haven't been paid. I called back in April and they told me it would be another 45 days before they sent my check out. I have been called for several closing since then and I turned them all down. I won't ever work for them again.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/1/08 6:39pm
Msg #249638

Good for you.

Notaries who do work with them are continuing to facilitate the abuse.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 6/1/08 7:02pm
Msg #249639

On the HUD

The only job I have done for them, I reminded them of their payment history and said I would have to be put on the HUD, They did, I did the job and received my check promptly.

Reply by Allison_MI on 6/1/08 7:24pm
Msg #249640

don't do many for them any more.

I used to get paid 30-45 days, the last one back in December I didn't get paid until 90 days. I let them know I didn't appreciate it and now no more calls. Fine with me!

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 6/2/08 1:04am
Msg #249665

If you're going to work with Titlestream, as I have for about four years now, you have to be satisfied with certainty of payment rather than swiftness of payment. They're pleasant to work with, they meet my fees, and they give me lots of the reverse mortgages that I prefer to handle. The result has been that each year I get many thousands of dollars in business.

I don't have another volume client with that kind of payment pattern. If, however, another client offered the same level and type of closings and the same working relationship, I would willingly accept always having fees in the pipeline as I do with Titlestream. I would not accept that, and in fact refuse subsequent assignments, from other clients who fail to pay expeditiously and who do not give me the same volume.

Reply by JanetLA on 6/2/08 7:24am
Msg #249667

I won't work for them. Harbinger of business failure? I am

not interested in waiting that long to be paid. If I were sure that they were not in financial trouble, then maybe. But given the fact that they used to pay in a timely manner is concerning. They are nice, pleasant, true enough: but that doesn't pay my bills.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/2/08 7:29am
Msg #249668

Re: I won't work for them. Harbinger of business failure? I

**But given the fact that they used to pay in a timely manner is concerning. They are nice, pleasant, true enough: but that doesn't pay my bills.**

Janet, as long as I have worked for them, save a short spell in 2005, they have routinely delayed payments to notaries. They used to pretend they would pay on time but finally they started admitting they didn't plan to (2006).

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/2/08 7:34am
Msg #249669

Re: I won't work for them. Harbinger of business failure? I

Dang, that sounded like I would work for them. I won't. Whether they will pay or not...to delay payment to notaries is just wrong.

I talked to an LO about it after I quit working for them and she said that they were supposed to pay immediately after funding. So much for playing by the rules.

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 6/2/08 5:27pm
Msg #249745

I used to think tis way about EFS and we all know what happend there

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 6/2/08 5:28pm
Msg #249746

Sorry I was replying to Hugh

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/28/08 11:09am
Msg #253480

Ok fellow notaries... I'm going to give it to you STRAIGHT. This so-called "company" is FULL OF CRAP!! I made a HUGE mistake by accepting work from these people on a desperate day in February. At that time, in February, I read MIXED reviews about this place online. It seemed like the WORSE CASE SCENARIO would be that I'd be paid in 90 days. I decided to give 'em a shot. So naive of me!!! 90 DAYS IS HARDLY THE CASE!!! I closed a loan for them WAY back on 2-21-08. Today is June 26, 2008 and I have YET to receive payment from them. I've called only twice to inquire about it, but it was obvious these people were just telling me "anything" to get me off the phone. I've also emailed the company's VP and Matt Blackmon, the "kind" voice who hired me for the job, as advised on another thread, in order to get my payment faster. THAT didn't work AT ALL. I received a call around the end of March from some guy named Brooks, stating that I'd be paid the first week of May. That's obviously come and gone. Then I received another call from this Brooks person the beginning of June, stating I will definitely get paid, blah blah blah, lies lies lies. I wasn't even really listening because I KNEW it was bullcrap. I have faxed them my invoice almost daily for about a month now. I'm going to step it up to twice per day starting next week.

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM... THEY SUCK ________ (you can fill in the blank with your own choice of word there!) Now that's STRAIGHT TALK. Is this post unprofessional???? Perhaps... but I am extra pissed out this. Titlestream and the con-artist Maurice Coleman, of Coversign have been the ONLY TWO places to stiff me for my services like this. THEY ARE SUPER UNPROFESSIONAL in the way they conduct business. The gloves are off with these clowns.

JUST SAY "HELL NO" TO THEM!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.