Notary Rotary
TS National Closing Solutions aka TitleStream
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Kimber/TN on 6/28/08 11:29am
Msg #253491

BOTTOM LINE...DON'T DO IT!!!!! This is worth repeating....

Ok fellow notaries... I'm going to give it to you STRAIGHT. This so-called "company" is FULL OF CRAP!! I made a HUGE mistake by accepting work from these people on a desperate day in February. At that time, in February, I read MIXED reviews about this place online. It seemed like the WORSE CASE SCENARIO would be that I'd be paid in 90 days. I decided to give 'em a shot. So naive of me!!! 90 DAYS IS HARDLY THE CASE!!! I closed a loan for them WAY back on 2-21-08. As of today, I have YET to receive payment from them. I've called only twice to inquire about it, but it was obvious these people were just telling me "anything" to get me off the phone. I've also emailed the company's VP and Matt Blackmon, the "kind" voice who hired me for the job, as advised on another thread, in order to get my payment faster. THAT didn't work AT ALL. I received a call around the end of March from some guy named Brooks, stating that I'd be paid the first week of May. That's obviously come and gone. Then I received another call from this Brooks person the beginning of June, stating I will definitely get paid, blah blah blah, lies lies lies. I wasn't even really listening because I KNEW it was bullcrap. I have faxed them my invoice almost daily for about a month now. I'm going to step it up to twice per day starting next week.

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM... THEY SUCK ________ (you can fill in the blank with your own choice of word there!) Now that's STRAIGHT TALK. Is this post unprofessional???? Perhaps... but I am extra pissed out this. Titlestream and the con-artist Maurice Coleman, of Coversign have been the ONLY TWO places to stiff me for my services like this. THEY ARE SUPER UNPROFESSIONAL in the way they conduct business. The gloves are off with these clowns.

JUST SAY "HELL NO" TO THEM!!!!

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/28/08 1:01pm
Msg #253499

We've all been well aware of this for ages

I don't know why you're bothering to post this. You didn't choose to heed the warnings you read on this board, why do you expect others to do what you didn't?

Mixed reviews are just as bad as all bad reviews. If a bunch of people have already had payment problems that should be reason enough not to work for a company. Just because they don't screw EVERYONE over doesn't mean that they're decent.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/28/08 1:57pm
Msg #253514

Re: We've all been well aware of this for ages

I am simply sharing my experience from only being in this business for a little over a year. Other "newbies" have made the same mistake that I made by reading the MIXED messages. This is CLARIFICATION for them... obviously not for you. I don't appreciate snide comments. You could've kept it to yourself.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/28/08 2:45pm
Msg #253523

Actually Kimber, yours will be one of the MIXED messages newbies read when checking on this company, and they will base their decision on the mixed messages, and not any one in particular. Then they may very well be posting here in the future that based on the MIXED messages they decided to give the company a chance and ended up getting shafted.

(Not meant to be snide, just stating a fact)

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/29/08 9:15am
Msg #253596

Well... a BIG "THANK YOU" goes out to everyone who replied to me with helpful advice. I really appreciate you! I simply wanted to share MY experience with this company. That's it.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/28/08 6:04pm
Msg #253542

And some of us don't appreciate you posting the same thing multiple times. Guess we can't all be made happy all of the time.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/29/08 10:13am
Msg #253603

I guess not.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/28/08 2:52pm
Msg #253524

Someone on another message board posted just over a week ago that she got a call from someone in accounting who told her that Title Stream was seeking to get financing so they could pay their bills, and she should get paid in about 30 days (for signings in February, March and April)

If they have to seek financing to pay their bills they are definitely in trouble.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/29/08 10:53am
Msg #253616

Sylvia: Yes, I got that SAME call from the "Brooks" character a few weeks ago, stating they were seeking funding to pay everyone they owe. I don't understand how they can be THAT far behind in paying notaries, especially since THEY ARE THE TITLE COMPANY! They WERE ALREADY PAID by the lender when the loan funded... eons ago!!! How in the world are they operating like this!???

Of course, the call from Brooks was meaningless to me. I listened to his "lies/jibber-jabber", I only said, "thank you" at the end of it all, and hung up. As the song goes, "I've heard it all before". There's no point in letting him have it on the phone and getting my blood pressure up. He's only their messenger.

That call from him STILL won't keep me from faxing my invoice EVERYDAY until they pay me. I think I'll see a check in the mail EVENTUALLY from them... since the month-long fax harrassment campaign seems to be working now. I've received a couple of emails from Matt, the guy who "hired" me, to their accounting dept (I was CC'd in the emails) asking them to please handle this invoice asap. I will just keep doing my persistant faxing. I'm NOT going to give in... so they need to just FORGET ABOUT THAT!!! I'm stepping it up to 2 faxes per day starting tomorrow, 1 first thing in the morning and 1 in the evening. It's not like I'm owed an outstanding amount of money from them; I'm only owed for 1 closing. For me, it's all about THE PRINCIPLE of the matter!

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/29/08 11:43am
Msg #253621

**It's not like I'm owed an outstanding amount of money from them; I'm only owed for 1 closing. For me, it's all about THE PRINCIPLE of the matter!**

That's good. One way they continue to operate like this is because some continue to accept work from them in spite of lengthy pay times.

Another notary, Hugh (on this board), has been taking all he can get from them and in spite of slow pay states a favorable working relationship with them as late as the beginning of this month in #249665-- "If you're going to work with Titlestream, as I have for about four years now, you have to be satisfied with certainty of payment rather than swiftness of payment....I would willingly accept always having fees in the pipeline as I do with Titlestream."

Hugh has been the only positive voice on this board regarding their payment problems for over a year now. It would be unconscionable if they stiffed him for whatever they have in his "pipeline". However, it would seem he's just one of the many whose funds they are using to operate.

Perhaps he will report if they continue to pay him.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/29/08 12:41pm
Msg #253626

Wow! Well.... I'm NOT so willing to be like Hugh!! I was told I would be paid in 30 days... but I expected 90 based on what I read. I am NO LONGER willing to do the "worse-case-scenario jobs", as I call them, ANYMORE. I had not been a member of Notary Rotary for very long at that time. I still haven't mastered all the features of Notary Rotary and its msg board, but I KNOW there IS plenty of good advice here and LOTS to learn by reading the posts. It IS a VERY VALUABLE source of information, FOR SURE!!!

I have learned A LOT about researching companies that inquire about my services SINCE my TERRIBLE mistake of accepting this TitleStream assignment in February 2008. I had only been a full-time signing agent for 6 months, at that time. So, we live and we learn, don't we!?? I've BEEN in the mortgage / Real Estate industry for YEARS, as a Realtor & mortgage auditor for a major national lender, but I've only been in the Signing Agent business for 10 months as of now. I thought it's been a little over a year since I started, but now that I think about it, I STILL haven't reached the year marker just yet. I'm still 2 months shy of that anniversary. There's a learning curve in everything. I've only been stiffed twice in my 10 months of operating this business, so I wouldn't say that's TOO bad, eh??

Bottom line: You live and you learn. I will continue to read the posts here and seek helpful advice via existing threads. Thanks for your post, Brenda!

Reply by desktopfull on 6/28/08 10:15pm
Msg #253570

How professional do you consider the language in this post?

You seriously need to control your emotions. This post is demonstrating anything but professional behavior on your part. You decided to take the risk with this company after reading the negative remarks, so you are partially responsible for getting taken advantage of in the first place. Having a temper tantrum on this forum isn't going to get you any sympathy, because you chose to ignore the warnings posted here. Like many newbies you don't listen to the advice that is given and often take offense with the person giving the advice.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/29/08 10:11am
Msg #253601

Re: How professional do you consider the language in this post?

Desktopfull, I thought addressed the professionalisim of MY OWN language in the VERY SAME POST, at the end of it. Who died and made YOU the Language Police of America?

Ok.... I'm going to keep this positive.

Well... a BIG "THANK YOU" goes out to everyone who replied to me with HELPFUL ADVICE for this situation. I really appreciate you! I simply wanted to share MY OWN unpleasant experience with this company. That's it. This is supposedly a "free" country and I THOUGHT this was supposed to be a message board to help people, discuss various things in our industry, even vent from time to time. I've certainly read other posts where this happens. Do I NOT have the right to do THAT and express MY opinions!? I am NOT a robot, so SORRY that you got SO OFFENDED by reading MY "emotional" post. I just get quite upset whenever I think about that whole ordeal with both TitleStream & Coversign.

Here's a funny and appropriate movie quote, "Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions". So true... because these people ARE playing with my money/emotions!! Everyone... good luck with your business in these troubled times right now!

Reply by desktopfull on 6/29/08 10:37am
Msg #253610

Obviously you are not looking for advice or a discussion

just a place to rant and the opportunity to attack those giving advice (like so many other newbies), so feel free, and I'll gladly bypass your posts in the future. No, I'm not the language police, but there are ways to post about a company without the type of language you used in your post and still get your message across in a professional manner without soundings like a schoolgirl having a "temper tantrum". You apparently prefer the latter.

Yes, you have the right to post anything you want and I'm not saying otherwise, I was just suggesting you state it in a more professional manner since other SS's and TC's look at these forums. Good luck.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/29/08 11:39am
Msg #253620

Re: Obviously you are not looking for advice or a discussion

Thank you for your participation in this discussion! (smile). Points noted and taken.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 7/1/08 1:00am
Msg #253728

UPDATE

I finally received my payment via FED EX on Monday, 6/30/08, from a job done on 2/21/08. WOW. One down.... one to go. But, I think this last one is going to be a real doosie!

Reply by WDMD on 7/1/08 5:50am
Msg #253732

Re: UPDATE

"One down.... one to go. But, I think this last one is going to be a real doosie!"

They will probably keep the last one and consider it a parting gift.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 7/2/08 4:33am
Msg #253877

Re: UPDATE

No, I meant one (dead beat) company down, and one to go. I was only owed for 1 closing from them. The last unpaid invoice is from Coversign. THAT one will be the doosie! But, I'm just glad my whole ordeal with TS National Closing Solutions aka TitleStream IS FINALLY OVER!!! YAY!!!

I simply wanted to share my experience and struggle with this company. My daily fax campaign strategy worked. So, it may help someone else who's owed $ from them. Good luck to all!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.