Tampa Bay Closing
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by chucke/fl on 6/20/08 9:36pm
Msg #252368

Tampa Bay Closing

G/b/u ?

Reply by jba/fl on 6/20/08 10:45pm
Msg #252378

been about a year - they were a bit slow, but I didn't have to go begging to get paid. Nothing recent to report. Hopefully someone will have something more recent for you...

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/20/08 11:30pm
Msg #252387

Good people, pay in around 45 days unless they don't get paid. I don't think they do business with the TK title company they used to do business with. I sure hope not, since I have been contacted by a Saint Lucie County investigator about a deal I did 18 months ago for them.

Make you're own call.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 6/21/08 1:48am
Msg #252396

They have been good so far. Last 2 closing's paid under 30 days. Lisa will typically send an e-mail when they recieve payment.

Reply by sue_pa on 6/21/08 7:41am
Msg #252408

What in the world does that have to do with anything ?!?!?!?

...Lisa will typically send an e-mail when they recieve payment...

Surely this is not a guide MY peers are using in determining what is and what is not a 'good' company.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 6/21/08 9:12am
Msg #252417

Re: What in the world does that have to do with anything ?!?!?!?

Dern Sue, get a life. I was explaining how they work. I get e-mailed when my check is on the way. Always under 30 days.

Better Sue?

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/21/08 9:37am
Msg #252420

I agree with Sue... why does your getting paid matter when

THEY get paid? If so that means they do NOT have operating capital and are not a good company to work with. One no pay to them and the house of cards collapses and the notary is left unpaid.

Reply by sue_pa on 6/21/08 9:37am
Msg #252421

Actually, I believe your first post is probably what you wanted to say. No matter, I still don't get it. Do you e-mail the electric company when you're sending your check? Do you e-mail Discover? If a company pays and pays consistently (on disbursement, twice a month, 45 days, whatever), why does notifying you that payment has been received/is being made give a company brownie points? Maybe I'm a little dense.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/21/08 9:38am
Msg #252422

NO SUE SEE ABOVE! n/m

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 6/21/08 9:52am
Msg #252424

I'm glad EOM is nearing for you. A few closings here and there. Time away from these boards and the time it must take for you to come up with what you think are whitty comebacks. Just take the post at face value. I don't think I need to break it down for you. How much more off topic could the rant of who I might call to let them know a bill has been paid and my operating capital??? You been reading too many JackTri posts I think. Completely off topic from what they were asking. To answer initial post. Yes, TBC is a great company to work for. Your little pack of fiends that troll these boards attacking people are the reason I am mostly a reader. In the future if i have knowledge about a company, i'll simply pm the person asking. Sorry to take away from your fun.

Reply by PAW on 6/21/08 10:14am
Msg #252427

Re: What in the world does that have to do with anything ?!?

Becca_FL said, "Good people, pay in around 45 days unless they don't get paid."

A-1 Signing Agents, LLC said, "Lisa will typically send an e-mail when they recieve payment."

If that's not what you meant to say, then you should have said it correctly the first time. Proofread your posts (and spell check), putting yourself in the readers shoes so there won't be any misunderstandings.

Given the above two responses, the logical conclusion is that TBC doesn't pay their signing agents until they receive payment from the title company or whoever they contracted with. This is not a good business model, now is it? I'm sure that is what sue_pa meant when she said, "Surely this is not a guide MY peers are using in determining what is and what is not a 'good' company."

Reply by sue_pa on 6/22/08 9:40am
Msg #252468

Paul, you are correct - I don't understand the mentality of 'getting paid when we get paid'. Should anyone ever end up in a court room, I'm guessing, barring a signed contract so stating, the signing service would have it 'explained' to them by the judge ... so what, not your subcontractor's problem.

However, I really was amazed by her comment. Taken exactly as she stated, she said they are a good company because they e-mail her when THEY receive payment. TOTALLY BAFFLING that could ever enter into a subcontractor's thought process when determining who is and who isn't a good company. A simple, 'they're great for many reasons that suit me' would never have gotten a resposne from me but using the gauge of them e-mailing when THEY receive payment totally escaped me.

By the way, A-1, I am looking forward to a good month end - 10 on the books for this coming week already and LOTS of room for more - hoping for a 30ish appt. week.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/22/08 10:02am
Msg #252470

I am with you Sue. And suppose the SS never gets paid, does that mean the notary doesn't get paid? I once worked for Emobile notary that had that policy - they paid you when they got paid. I did one for them several years ago that took 9 months for me to get paid because of that policy. Never again! And the guy (Tom) was so rude when I called and asked him about my check, saying I was obviously new to the business or I would know that signing agents only get paid if and when the signing service gets paid.

Reply by desktopfull on 6/22/08 10:52am
Msg #252471

I don't get it............

A-1 corrected their statement so why continue the pile-on about the incorrect post? I've worked for TBC and they always let me know when they mailed my check so that if I didn't receive it in a reasonable time they would issue another. We've all made errors in our posts, a correction was posted but you refuse to accept the correction and continue to slam the company.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/22/08 11:40am
Msg #252476

Re: I don't get it............

I am not slamming TBC. I was commenting on the post regarding getting paid when the SS gets paid.
I've worked with Elaine in the past and never had a problem with her. I don't believe she is a company that only pays when she gets paid.

Reply by desktopfull on 6/22/08 12:07pm
Msg #252480

Re: I don't get it............

but, A1 corrected her statement that TBC emailed her when they sent her check, not when TBC got paid and everyone keeps commenting as if TBC only pays when they get paid, which isn't true. I don't understand the continued comments about this since the correction was posted. Does it really matter if Sue/PA doesn't believe the corrected statement? No one in their right mind would work for a company that they knew wouldn't pay them unless the company got paid, that would just be plain stupid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.