Notary Rotary
The Subject Line Zap
Notary Discussion History

The Subject Line Zap
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 6/11/08 8:53am
Msg #250755

The Subject Line Zap

I think Harry Shoemaker deserves to be canonized for maintaining this forum.

However...I do wish he would do something about the Subject Line Zap. You can compose a message, then try to post it, but if there is no subject listed, it won't post. But that's not the bad part. Having tried to post a message without a subject listed, the composition then is wiped out by the dreaded SLZ, and you have to start over.

And, yes, I do realize there are some who take pleasure in the prospect that any post from me would get wiped out. Considering the times we live in, it's good that they can take pleasure where they find it.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/11/08 9:43am
Msg #250763

I have this same complaint. Also, sometimes, for no discernable reason whatsoever, if you hit enter key then the whole message is wiped. Another instance: one's login expires for some reason, now all lost. Most irritating. What I do to combat this: copy my entire message, waiting for posting to take place. If no, not all is lost as I can just reopen and paste. Or I work in Word, esp. when I am replying/reaffirming my position(s) on something and doing a bit of 'thinking & research' which takes longer.

I feel your pain on this one Hugh.

Reply by Nomad/OR on 6/11/08 2:43pm
Msg #250819

One of the stock market forums I

regularly post on has overcome this issue by just having the posting box with no subject line. The first few words (5 to 8) of your post are automatically listed as the subject line. It looks just like the way I started this post. It makes it easier to go back to a forum and pick out which posts have been added since the last time you were there. If you submit a blank post, it doesn't appear at all.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.