Notary Rotary
Took a PT night job
Notary Discussion History

Took a PT night job
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 6/16/08 12:54pm
Msg #251495

Took a PT night job

June looks like it will be the worst month ever in business (3) so far and lost one due to fee. I work from 10pm -6am retail store 10/hr. That lets me watch our baby during the day and I'll sleep when she sleeps.

With the cost of everything going up so fast I need to bring in some money and hope I can catch a few signings. Past history shows me July and August always stink, Money months around here are Sept--Dec and I doubt that will happen this year.

Resume is out in full force, but even the want ads look slim for the last 2 weeks.

Should of listen to Kim and closed shop last year. I had a blast doing this, now starting to regret it.

Reply by BP/WV on 6/16/08 1:30pm
Msg #251501

I ended up taking a full time Paralegal position at a Real Estate office. The pay is better than the big fat 0 I made in the past two months. It was predicted that business would get to this point but I still have hopes that it will pick up again.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/16/08 3:40pm
Msg #251510

I'm expanding on our title abstracting business! Even though I don't like abstracting it beats working for someone else again!

Reply by hellokitty71 on 6/16/08 4:28pm
Msg #251518

Feel your pain. I use to do this full-time and loved it. But as the work declined I had to take a full-time job. I do as many closings as I can around my home to supplement my income. Last week I was chastised for being a part-timer. But we all know that fees are lower, gas is higher and bills never stop. Good luck to you all!

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/16/08 10:33pm
Msg #251577

Pt-time is OK. Even necessary now. Just keep those fees UP where they belong.

Reply by PA_NOTARY on 6/16/08 4:58pm
Msg #251526

It's going to be this way till late 2009 from all I have read..... probalby a smart move, if you can't wait it out.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/16/08 5:09pm
Msg #251530

I think that's a best case scenario and a bit optimistic. There's a lot of stuff that hasn't hit the fan yet.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 6/16/08 5:59pm
Msg #251540

I feel your pain. Last year my HUD inspections always slow down in Nov/Dec, Nove I got 3 and Dec I only had 10. This has always been my back up income. So I got a part-time working from home for T-mobile. It sucked big time,customers screaming at me and calling me all kinds of names. Things picked up with inspections a beginning of year but are still not consistent. One month I get 30 and some I get 10.
I got the perfect part-time job as a sales rep for a Gourmet cheese company. I have 20 stores, some I visit each week, some every other week and some once a month, all depends on sales volume. Each store can take frm 15 min to an hour. I love it, I get $11.00 an hour plus .31 a mile. If I get a call to do a signing I can visit the store I was going to do another time, no big deal my boss knows I do this part-time I did 7 signings last week, 26 foreclosure inspections. My bank account feels much better now.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.