Notary Rotary
Trailing Docs?
Notary Discussion History

Trailing Docs?
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Vicky Koyle on 6/6/08 4:17pm
Msg #250292

Trailing Docs?

I have spoken to Lenders First Choice about payment of an old invoice. They tell me that it has not been paid because of trailing docs. I know the people whom I went to sign for. Their loan has been closed for almost 2 months. Has anyone heard of CountryWide and trailing docs. I asked about it and they said things were find from my end but the lenders paperwork wasn't. How is this my problem?

Any suggestions?

Vicky in Idaho

Reply by Tonya Washington on 6/6/08 4:28pm
Msg #250296

I have heard to CW and trailing docs however that has nothing to do with payment. Trailing docs can mean the recorded mtg or a fully completed and signed 1003 from the broker, etc. The loan closed two months ago you can't tell me that the loan did not fund. That shouldn't be your problem. I have a closing with LFC tonight.......

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/6/08 4:30pm
Msg #250298

It's not your problem. Treat it like you would treat any other deadbeat company and start aggressively pursuing getting paid.

Reply by Mdene_AZ on 6/6/08 10:22pm
Msg #250330

I agree...

Reply by NancyOR on 6/7/08 11:39am
Msg #250374

Yep, they're right. Trailing docs are usually the recorded DT and maybe a title policy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.