Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What to do about someone elses bad notarization?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Brasring_Ca on 6/16/08 3:37pm
Msg #251508

I have loan papers that contain a notarized trust cert from 6/3/2008, the notaries commission is good til 2012. She may be very new at this and it might explain the mistakes but the notarized name is mispelled where she was to print it in the notary paragraph and the wording is not correct for California law and it was notarized here in Orange county. Still even states (personally known to me) choice in the wording and no Under Penalty of Perjury statement! If someone makes this kind of mistake, do I do nothing and look the other way or is there someway to report this so that the person can learn the proper way and people will not have there docs held up do to a notary mistake? How should I handle this, any ideas or specific thing that we are suppose to do? Thanks, Jenifer

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/16/08 4:14pm
Msg #251516

Why are you feeling responsible about someone else's work?
Was this a split signing, and you have to return docs? If so, just give TC a head's up.
If not, why are you wanting to train your competition? Not your responsibility.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 6/16/08 10:37pm
Msg #251580

I had the 2nd part of a split signing a couple of weeks ago

The first notary had lined through the second signer's name under the signature lines on all the notarized documents (instead of just writing in the name of the person whose signature he had notarized in the notarial certificates).

I just called the TC to let them know what had been done and asked how they wanted me to handle my part of the signing. They asked me to have my borrower sign on separate signature pages. Of course I attached loose certificates for each of my notarizations.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.