Windows XP Service Pack 3 download available n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/08 2:02pm
Msg #250551

Windows SP3 - at this point you just have to wonder

WHY?

Reply by dickb/wi on 6/9/08 2:06pm
Msg #250552

be ware of SP3........see link......

i tried twice to install it and almost lost my xp.........

http://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2008/05/25/pitstop-news-flash-sp3-still-no-go-flash-xp-sp3-still-not-ready-news-flash-do-not-install/

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 6/9/08 2:33pm
Msg #250556

Thanks for the link, Dick

I have Automatic Updates, and so far I haven't had a problem with my XP Professional on either desktop, but I'm not sure if it has auto-installed SP3 or not. Will have to check on that. It seems like the more MS "fixes" XP and Vista, the more problems there are.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/9/08 9:34pm
Msg #250598

SP3 doesn't auto-install

Right-click the My Computer icon and then click on "Properties" - it will show you what Service Pack is installed.

If I recall correctly, none of the Service Packs auto-install, which is a good thing. A Service Pack contains too many changes to do automagically. It's bad enough that some of the auto-updates knock out my network connection; I'd go postal if some massive update happened overnight and turned my computer into a paperweight...

Reply by Vince/KS on 6/9/08 4:00pm
Msg #250567

Re: be ware of SP3........see link......

It's been loaded on two systems here. I'll let you know if I have problems with anything. So far all is working as needed (Outlook IE7, Word, Excell, Adobe, Media Player, Printers, Wordperfect, Lotus, Quicken, etc.).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.